Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Jeep....Kinda...Well, Not Exactly...New...Or A Jeep...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Jeep....Kinda...Well, Not Exactly...New...Or A Jeep...

The other day I was pulling a neighbors car out a ditch for the second time in about as many weeks (sorry, currently can't get the photos off my cell phone) when I met another neighbor who, as it turns out, has a couple of International Scout IIs. Long story short, I got a couple of his problems for a couple hundred bucks to be paid in installments.

Here are some pics. What you don't see are all the parts the guy has stashed away somewhere or laying around. He has an incredible collection of vehicles, tractors, parts, and junk spread out over his several acres. Basically I get whatever I need for the Scouts (that he doesn't need), and I may end up getting paid to help him on some of his other projects. You'll see why I got them cheap...

holes = cowbell

Looks like a fun and extensive project.
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
      The other day I was pulling a neighbors car out a ditch for the second time in about as many weeks (sorry, currently can't get the photos off my cell phone) when I met another neighbor who, as it turns out, has a couple of International Scout IIs. Long story short, I got a couple of his problems for a couple hundred bucks to be paid in installments.

Here are some pics. What you don't see are all the parts the guy has stashed away somewhere or laying around. He has an incredible collection of vehicles, tractors, parts, and junk spread out over his several acres. Basically I get whatever I need for the Scouts (that he doesn't need), and I may end up getting paid to help him on some of his other projects. You'll see why I got them cheap...

Is the barb-wire the ignition hot side?Looks like you got your hands full with that proj.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

that's great! does he have any big bronco's? :beer:
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          Looks like a fun and extensive project.
          Fun? hopefully. Extensive? definitely. Expensive? can't be.

Originally posted by GP4Play
          Is the barb-wire the ignition hot side?Looks like you got your hands full with that proj.
          Actually I think it's a ground, but I think you're onto something: a hot wire from the battery (rather than the ignition) would do a better job at preventing the wood rats from using the engine as a toilet.

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit
          that's great! does he have any big bronco's?
          No, but he does have a K-5 Blazer that he drives. Gotta have a four-wheel drive out here in the winter. I guess he sold his restored Ford GPW (can't remember what year--'42?) for $15K. He still has a GPW grill (looks like a CJ or MJ to me) that would look great my bodiless '75 Scout. He was suggesting I putting his Triumph TR7 body on it, but he was just kidding (I think).
          holes = cowbell

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]You may be one of the most legit guys to ever say, "So I started my rebuild by shoveling out the interior."
            Wow, that looks like a lot of work!![/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
              [COLOR="Sienna"]You may be one of the most legit guys to ever say, "So I started my rebuild by shoveling out the interior."
              Wow, that looks like a lot of work!![/COLOR]
              Yeah, no joke. On the bright side, I think the original carpet is underneath all that rat remodeling. I honestly don't know if circumstances will allow me to keep or complete them. If nothing else, I figured I could sell or part them out. I might even use one of the front Dana 44s for my Jeep.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

You really need to get back to work.... You have waaay too much time on your hands.... it looks like you are getting into more trouble than good... lol.. let me know when your going jeepn again.

BobO
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

David,

Hey I know you are a smart guy, so this is just a friendly reminder. If and when you clean out the rat shit & sticks, please take precautions against the Hanta virus. Tyvek suit, gloves, resperator, and the like.....

I would be very pissed at you if I had to miss a days work to go to your funeral...
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

sweet find. good luck
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...