Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were on our way back from firefighting training and got clocked doing 92 in a 65. (in a van!)Probably would have been faster except for the governer kicked in. We didn't tell her that though. She let us go with a warning. Nice lady!

As for my jeep... I know she'll do at least 95.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
      i call BS... no Jeep, stock or not, can go 87 (unless it's a Grand )

:hat:
      HAH!

i've had mine up to 105 (108 on GPS), w/ 235/75R15's both GPS and speedo indicated over 100.
      beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

I dont think all this speeding talk is good for me oh ya the fastest i got in my jeep.....well lets just say it didnt even register on the speedo
        B R E T T
        87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

wow i got pulled over this weekend for 59 in a 40 luckily i talked my way outta it and they told my if i washed the mud off the jeep it might not stand out as much

but the girls like it dirty...... ( the jeep ) haha

Comment

Originally posted by wakeboarder 21

but the girls like it dirty...... ( the jeep ) haha
            That's how this girl likes her JEEP! (Afterall, isn't a Jeep suppose to be dirty?) In fact, it's dirty right now, but not for too much longer. Needs a bath underneath before work is done.
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I've got the XJ going pretty fast, if my speedometer worked maybe I could give you a number, but pretty fast..........downhill
              I have 2

Comment

my YJ will do 80 at 2900 RPM in 4th gear ....damn 3.07 gears and 33" tires....
                89' XJ, lifted, locked, exo caged.

Comment

I have had my 98 ZJ to 110 and decided to back off only becasue of traffic. Still can do it with 31s and 3.73 gears.

97 Cobra I used to own had a factory top end of 149. After some light mods to it I had it to 150+ and decided that was fast enough. It was still climbing hard and fast but I decided I was going fast enough already. Never did find the "new" top end.

Bone stock it would do about 90 over 2/10ths mile country roads. After mods it was 105-110 over same stretch sitting on the rev limiter in 3rd gear about 200 feet BEFORE the 2/10 th mark. Wish I still had it but family came first and it got traded in on a 01 Grand Laredo.
                  It's a Jeep thing, my wife doesn't understand.

Comment

I get mine up to high 90s on the way to my cabin.
                    I've only got one ticket though and that was after school when I was rushin home...48 in a 25
                    The cop said "awesome jeep! It's got a Budget boost huh."
                    Then we started talking about how he's best friends with my tennis coach.
                    I thought i was out of the ticket...but no im a 17 year old male
                    2001 60th anniversary TJ 6" Fabtech Long Arm 35" BFG Mud terrain 2003 Rubicon Full Traction Long Arm lift/RE 7.5 springs/ 36" IROKs/Poison Spyder Cage

Comment

heck mine heep wont even see 60 on the speedo. but heck it is 15 mile an hour slow so it may do 65 down hill. of course my old 88 camaro corvette powered lt1 with a little over 350 horse would run bout 150 in thrid but heck find a road round here that you can go that fast on and a jeep will beat it. across the feild and thru the mud that is.
                      im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
                      4 inch rough country lift
                      35x12.5LT16's
                      super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

I'll never drive fast, its too scary
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

First let me say HELLO!! We are new to the board, we=myself (susan) and my other half Chuck. We are the proud owners of a pair of Jeep Cherokee Country's mine is a 96 and his is a 93. Here in snow country "ya gotta love them Jeeps!!!!"

Any ways, I have to confess to my very first speeding ticket in 30 years of driving. Yep...the Jeep made me do it! 59 in a 35 grrrr. I will admit that me and my Jeep have a need for speed. We have a corvette and it don't even make me wanna go fast...just give me an open road, My Jeep and we are GONE!
                          ....I didn't know what love was untill I met my JEEP!

Comment

I haven't been over 75 in my heep. And I haven't got my bike to shut off like its supposed to either......actually I don't think it knows when to shut off, I've buried it at 185 on the speedo topping third, hmmmm 5 teeth up on the rear has to have something to do with the speedo
                            04 Rubicon
                            4.5" RE Super Flex
                            1" BL
                            CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                            Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                            35" el cheapos
                            Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Originally posted by 2Jeeps4us
                              First let me say HELLO!! We are new to the board, we=myself (susan) and my other half Chuck. We are the proud owners of a pair of Jeep Cherokee Country's mine is a 96 and his is a 93. Here in snow country "ya gotta love them Jeeps!!!!"

Any ways, I have to confess to my very first speeding ticket in 30 years of driving. Yep...the Jeep made me do it! 59 in a 35 grrrr. I will admit that me and my Jeep have a need for speed. We have a corvette and it don't even make me wanna go fast...just give me an open road, My Jeep and we are GONE!
                              Welcome aboard Susan, sorry to hear about your ticket
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Speed

I have had a few tix in my day. Lets just say I have a suspention on my record. The one time I got out of a ticket I was in my old Cherokee. I had topped out and he let me off cause we went to the same college. I have only 1 ticket on my TJ thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X