Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Home Defense

Over the years my wife has brought home some pretty troublesome and worthless pets. A few of my favorite's were the four Trigger fish that turned into Piranhas when you tried to clean their tank, Garth the 100 mile an hour Iguana. And Windjammer the man hating, finger lopping Cockatoo.

So, when Shari walked through the door with a sheepish look on her face and two California desert tortoises in a box, I immediately put my foot down, pointed at the door and yelled "Get them out of here". You see, as a man you have to be swift, decisive, strong and put stop the problem before it's too late.

Well, we've had the two tortoises for over a year now and they're actually very cool. They kind of look like little monsters. Just don't try to sneak into the backyard with Cuff and Link on duty.

Last edited by Double AA; 01-13-10, 12:26 PM.

Those are pretty sweet! If you have a chance, play this music and watch them walk around . . . I don't know why but it's hella cool. Also works with Hermit Crabs. I guess it helps if you're really high! Whoa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EYELPhsJTs
    Last edited by Schmo; 01-13-10, 12:48 PM.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I have a friend with a turtle. They live for something like 80 years.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Dang,
        I'm glad you told me before I get there tomorrow. I would hate be known as the guy on MJR that was eaten by Cuff and Link, the attack turtles...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

cool.

some nice pets.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

We have a 40+ yr old Tortoise, Kirsten, who we adopted from the Totoise adoption program at EAFB over 12 years ago. She is cool. Low maintenance and always happy to see you..... just don't get too close w/ bare feet or open toe sandals, she thinks toes are delicious.

Comment

As you get older, make sure you leave guardianship of them in your will or living trust, as they WILL out-live you

I have several friends that have tortoises as well. They are very laid back and mellow.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I hear they love grapes. fyi
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Cool! 4WD fully armored turtles! :haha:
                  -- Warren
                  1999 SE

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                    I hear they love grapes. fyi
                    Mine loves grapes, strawberries, watermelon, heck, she loves all kinds of stuff.

FYI, everyone please keep an eye out for wild ones while wheeling and give them plenty of room & don't harrass them at all. Scaring them can cause them to dump their water which they badly need to survive in the summer months. (most know this, just posting for the newer folks)

Comment

Originally posted by JJsKJ View Post
                      Mine loves grapes, strawberries, watermelon, heck, she loves all kinds of stuff.

FYI, everyone please keep an eye out for wild ones while wheeling and give them plenty of room & don't harrass them at all. Scaring them can cause them to dump their water which they badly need to survive in the summer months. (most know this, just posting for the newer folks)

Yep! give 'em the right-of-way!
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Yep! give 'em the right-of-way!
                        From the BLM LE Ranger: If you enounter one on the road and it is unavoidable, you can pick them up (with gloves or something to cover your hands) and place them on the edge of the road facing the same direction they were facing when you picked them up.
                        "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Comment

Working...
                        X