Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit a F***** DEER in 1 week old Rubicon

I guess I wasn't supposed to get a new car or something. Right around the corner from my house I hit a deer. Luckily I wasn't going that fast. He bent my fender a little bit. I wasn't too worried about it but when I was doing a HP rinse at the car wash today it made the paint start to peel. :mad: I guess considering it broke the deer into a hairball, I'm lucky that's all it did.

As far as getting that fixed, it's that new for '04 metallic lime green color. Would any body shop be able to match that? Or should I find a jeep dealer auto body to do it?

I wish I was driving one of the Broncos... hate to mess up the brand new jeep
    Steve Butler
    04 Wrangler Rubicon

68 Bronco White
    80 Bronco

72 F250
    53 Ferguson TO-30
    04 Car Trailer =)

You might want to do some research and call around. I can't remember where, but i know i've seen at least 2 other posts on other Jeep boards from people with Rubicons that are already having paint flaking problems on their rigs. It might not have anything to do with the deer at all. It sounds like there are issues with some paint jobs on Rubicons.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
    RE Hand Throttle
    Optima Red Top
    K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is because of the accident, the chip is right on the little crease in the fender where it was bent by the deer, but thanks for that info, I wouldn't have known.
      Steve Butler
      04 Wrangler Rubicon

68 Bronco White
      80 Bronco

72 F250
      53 Ferguson TO-30
      04 Car Trailer =)

Comment

That's kind of puzzling that it would only be the Rubicons as well... Is the body even different on them? I wouldn't think so. I didn't really pay that much attention. I pretty much went to the dealer wanting a Rubicon.
        Steve Butler
        04 Wrangler Rubicon

68 Bronco White
        80 Bronco

72 F250
        53 Ferguson TO-30
        04 Car Trailer =)

Comment

flat fender it, and be done
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Did you at least take the carcass home and butcher it? When I was growing-up in Colorado, if you hit a deer and killed it, you had to report it to the Fish and Game people. They would always give you the option of keeping the carcass if you had a taste for venison (that was always a good way to get some venison when it was out of season, provided you didn't mind denting some sheet metal)...

Comment

Working...
            X