Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California boy dies after dunes accident.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California boy dies after dunes accident.

My wife and friends knew this kid. So sad. No matter what we're doing in the backcountry remember that things can go so very wrong very easily. I used to ride all over the dunes when I was a kid and my parents made damn sure that I didn't get too crazy.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/boy-5517...-accident.html
    A California boy died Tuesday morning after an accident in the Imperial County Sand Dunes. According to the California Highway Patrol, the 13 year old child was from Santee, Calif.

Police said the boy was driving a 2006 Suzuki Quad Racer R450 at about 10:20 a.m. California time in the open desert area of the sand dunes north of Interstate 8 and east of the Coachella Canal.

According to police, the boy went over a sand dune crest and became airborne. Upon impact he lost control of the vehicle and was ejected, sustaining fatal injuries.

CHP said the boy was air lifted to the El Centro Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead due to internal injuries at 11:55 a.m. California time by an attending physician.

CHP said the boy was wearing a helmet, and added alcohol or drug impairment is not suspected to be a contributing factor in the accident.

CHP is currently investigating the cause of the accident.

Very Very sad my heart and prayers go out to his family..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Been to both Dumont and Pismo on quads (Jeeps too). Very sad! Every year I hear someone dies in the dunes. That's why we went to Rangers, then Jeeps.

A 450 is a powerful machine. I wouldn't let my wife on a 450 not to mention a 13yr old. I feel really bad for the family. My prayers are with them.

Comment

very sad news. The riding I did when I was a kid is nothing like they do today, I bet this guy was doing the stuff he loved to do, he was prolly good at it to.
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

My family loves to go to the dunes (Pismo, Glamis). It can be pretty dangerous unfortunately. We try and stay away on holiday weekends, too wild. A 13 yr old on Quad racer??? This is one of the fastest production bikes made.
          Truly a tradegy and we will keep the family in our thoughts.
          Living the Dream"!
          , Joe

Comment

Working...
          X