Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico Bed and Breakfast update

Just alittle update, I received an email from a Eunice Lee from the High Desert Dispatch Newspaper today. She found the petition online during an online search of anything of interest of the Barstow area. She is going to be printing an article about the Bed and Breakfast proposal and also the petition that is circulating online. The good news is that she was very interested to hear that we were attempting to open a B&B in Calico, but furthermore she was interested in why the county denied it. She was also very interested in talking to some of the local residents here that have shown an interest in it. She will be contacting some of the county workers in Calico Ghost town that have knowlege of it. I would encourage anyone that has a moment to contact her with your input in the next few days as I believe she will be printing the article sometime at the end of the week. She feels that this article with all the feedback she can gather will really influence the county to approve the proposal.

Again, thank all of you for your time and support,
    Kirk and Sylvia
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Great news!

I'm already looking forward to staying there!

Christian
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Well, an article about the issues with County regarding the B&B will be in Friday's edition of the Desert Dispatch. Also, I gave our proposal to Karla Warner which I now work with out here at Goldstone. She is meeting Tues next week with several county officials, one of which is Brad Mitzerfelt for their regular meeting. She will be presenting it to them at that time. She will also at that time advise them that there is a petition circulating online with several signatures and comments. Thank you again for all your support in trying to get this B&B established. As I told Sarah last night in a P.M., if this gets approved, we will be having a MJR party:thumbs_up to show our thanks for all the efforts of the MJR members and friends at or near the B&B site. We will keep you all updated.

Kirk
      Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Kirk and Sylvia,

I really had my fingers crossed for you guys on this. Hope something still works out for you both. At least you are named on the front page.

This is from the Daily Press (1-01-10)

I'll think about you this morning when we are crawling in the mines.

Mitch

Comment

I think that the article presents your case in a positive light to the local community.

There are many ways in which this can bring more tourism to the area and, therefore, more money.

Christian
          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

This is definitely great to see. Thank you all for the positive input and support. We are crossing our fingers that this inconjunction with the petition will push county to revisit the proposal.
            I was not expecting front page, so that is a plus plus!
            I was informed today that the county meeting that was to be tomorrow has been reset for next week. I also was informed that some of county personel have already been made aware of the B&B proposal and petition. From my understanding, their take on it was positive.
            Hope you enjoyed the mines Mitch. I wished I could have been there. Email me some pics if you can

Again, thank you all for your continued support.:thumbs_up

Comment

you may have brought too much attention to the site for some politician to give it away to another interested party. I doubt that 'nobody had plans for the structure.' I'm sure with all the land grabbing going on in the high desert somebody had designs on it.
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                you may have brought too much attention to the site for some politician to give it away to another interested party. I doubt that 'nobody had plans for the structure.' I'm sure with all the land grabbing going on in the high desert somebody had designs on it.
                Well, Im not sure if anyone else has designs on it, but we have definitely made a mark on it and county now :hide:
                If county decides to build it out for their own gain, then so be it, but I would tend to think that there would be alot of disgruntled people including myself that would voice their "opinion" of how they went about it.
                Never the less, we aren't going to lie down on this. The quest isn't over, not by a long shot. I have all the time in the world and the resources of the web are endless. I have a feeling that county is going to get real tired of hearing about me and from me.:bolt:

Comment

Kirk,

If the meeting is public let us know. I can probobly make during the work week. I'm sure that there is a concrete job out there somewhere! Don't worry, I'll drive slow!!!!!

Mitch

Comment

Mitch,
                    If it's a public meeting, I will be sure to post it here. I will ask for meeting time and date tomorrow.
                    Even if it's not public...I'm sure we can make it public...whatcha think?:gun:

Comment

Working...
                    X