Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesels back in Jeeps

Lookin through the new issue of the JEEP magizine for owners(i get it cuz my dad's got a grand cherokee). Said their coming out with a 2.8 liter 4 cylinder diesel liberty in 2005. Said it has the torque of a V8 and the power of a V6. Any thoughts on putting diesels back in Jeeps. I know cherokees back in the day came with a V6 diesel or somthing like that. anyway just thought id see what people think.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

as for putting a diesel in a liberty, i think that thing can use all the help it can get! LOL

if you don't plan on saving that copy (or your dad doesn't) can you send it to me!? thanks!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Cherokees, like yours came with diesels, most of them for export only. It was a 4cyl diesel. The early CJs also had a diesel option for a few years, that was a 4cyl Perkins diesel.

Erik

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the FC's also had a three cylinder diesel option...

Comment

Maybe, but not that I could find info about. May have been a Military thing???

Erik

Comment

PRegner, you were right, Kinda. The Military version of the FC-170 came with nothing but a diesel. A 2 cycle, 3 cylinder, 85 HP, 170 lb/ft of torque.

Here is a link to an interesting article and site.

M-676/677/678/679 info page

Erik

Comment

I thought I recalled reading something about the diesel engines in FC's. As I recall, Jp Magazine had a picture of one, and was offering some kind of prize to anyone that could identify it. I couldn't get my entry in on time (the prize was a Jp Magazine bumper sticker, or something similar), so I didn't win. I wouldn't mind having an FC to fix-up and wheel in...

Comment

Working...
              X