Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help...

i havent really seeing eye to eye with my pops lately. i havent had a normal conversation with him in over a month and tonight i blew my top and went off. i have no idea what to do its affecting my school work and i just dont know how to get around it. i still dont have my jeep so i cant just go run shit over and feel fine. if any one has been in my shoes please let me know what i should do. i dont think a lot of you would care about this but anything would help at this point.
    those arent scratches and dents those are accent marks...

Catch him when he is in a good mood after work or on the weekend.Go out to dinner and just sit down and talk about it.And if you get into an arguement or feel like blowing up,dont.Just sit down and work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
      Catch him when he is in a good mood after work or on the weekend.Go out to dinner and just sit down and talk about it.And if you get into an arguement or feel like blowing up,dont.Just sit down and work it out.
      what he said x2.

My dad and I were always fighting and yelling, it sucked. When you dont get your way or he says something that pisses you off, instead of yelling and getting angry, sit down and talk . . . like normal humans. I hate to say this because it will sound like my old man, BUT you can get more flies with sugar then you can with vineger. Simple said, you are not going to get what you want if you are yelling and pissing him off. Be kind and TALK to him. It will pass.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

When I was growing-up, my dad and I were the best of buddies. About the time I turned 16, we began to argue a lot, and had some pretty nasty fights with one another. In retrospect, I think that the root of the problem was based in the fact that I was reaching a point where I was becoming more and more independant, and constantly pushing the boundries. My dad, on the other hand, was more than likely not quite ready for me to reach the level of autonomy that I was craving at the time (as a dad now myself, I can tell you that letting go can be a very difficult thing, indeed). As a result, we butted heads constantly. We eventually began to see eye-to-eye again after some time; with no damage actually done, and I think we actually ended-up closer for the experience. Just try not to say anything that you will regret later. When people are in the heat of an arguement, they sometimes blurt out things that are just plain hatefull, even when they don't mean them. If you find yourself getting really angry, walk away until cooler heads prevail. In time, all of this shall pass...

Comment

I agree with what everyone has said.Just be careful what you say.What's that saying, words can be sharper than a sword? Don't say something you'll later regret. My Dad's hanging out with Jimi Hendrix now but we made our peace before the cancer took him. The questin is do you want to be right or happy? Sometimes you just have to give in and thats the hardest thing to do. My last advise is mabey buy him something like a tool or something he needs.Wax his car. Then say "Dad, I love you." Blow his mind in a kind way and mabey he'll open his mind a little for you. HTH
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Another thing to think about. When arguing with a parent you're never gonna win. Even if you seem to win that argument it will come back and haunt you.
            I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
            1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

KID, everyone here has given you great advice. I didn't have a chance to clear up things with my dad. In fact, here in a few days his anniversary of his death will mark 19 years.
              Just do what everyone said, if you get angry walk away and come back. I don't know if this will help, but think about what you're going to say to him first.
              Goodluck!!!
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

thanks every one. i was just confused about what to do and needed some advice. so thanks again and ill post upi as soon as i work things out.
                those arent scratches and dents those are accent marks...

Comment

take him wheeling, bring him into your world a little, maybe even let him drive and let him see how much fun you two can have toghter. Things always work out
                  I have 2

Comment

Working...
                  X