Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherokee rollover this weekend?

I had to go out by Last Chance/Nightmare Gulch (where EP11 spits out to Garlock Rd) to help recover a buddy's broken down truggy. As we were leaving Sunday around noon we were passed on Garlock by a Jeep club that had a Cherokee on a trailer that looked like it rolled pretty bad. I couldn't catch up to see the name the of jeep club, anyone hear of anything?

Hope everyone is ok, it looked bad.

I know that a XJ went over the side up at Chicken corner up by Brigg's cabin, maybe that was the XJ you saw... 4 door XJ, with the top and windshield all bashed in, dimond plate on the doors? it's like a 150' drop, but I was told that the woman driving the XJ and the kids with her were all ok.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Wow! Jess, anyone we know??

Comment

It was a member of our club. You can read about it in the PVD thread in the trail ride section. All are ok.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by Buggs View Post
          I had to go out by Last Chance/Nightmare Gulch (where EP11 spits out to Garlock Rd) to help recover a buddy's broken down truggy. As we were leaving Sunday around noon we were passed on Garlock by a Jeep club that had a Cherokee on a trailer that looked like it rolled pretty bad. I couldn't catch up to see the name the of jeep club, anyone hear of anything?

Hope everyone is ok, it looked bad.
          Possibly this one?

"Driver (Marsha) is from the central valley Hanford Trail Busters and is home now after being released Sunday.
          Ham radios played a major role in the ordeal as there is no coverage of any kind in the area. Good reason to get those licenses.
          Volunteers recovered the rig, packed up the family's motor home and got their vehicles and gear home for them. Jeepers are the best."

Comment

Originally posted by 4xPete View Post
            Possibly this one?

"Driver (Marsha) is from the central valley Hanford Trail Busters and is home now after being released Sunday.
            Ham radios played a major role in the ordeal as there is no coverage of any kind in the area. Good reason to get those licenses.
            Volunteers recovered the rig, packed up the family's motor home and got their vehicles and gear home for them. Jeepers are the best."

That looks like the one. WOW glad to hear that people were there to help out. Glad I have my HAM too.

Comment

mmmmm HAM. Ill second that. Its emergencies like this that remind me of a recommendation I heard on OAUSA. It was.. Even if you only have a Tech license, buy a radio that will work on all bands. Because in an emergency you may need to use something out of the Tech bands to call for help.
              Last edited by OU812; 11-17-09, 03:25 PM.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

That's the one I got word of. Man I looked down from that thing a couple of times thinking, "I'd be DONE!" it's good to hear that the family is ok.
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

For What Its Worth...I was able to contact the Ridgecrest Repeater from Roger Pass when I was there last month.

Can't beat the coverage of HAM!

Comment

Hey 4xPete, where did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Buggs View Post
                      Hey 4xPete, where did this happen?
                      I wasn't there, but here is the thread of the Panamint Valley Days, which is apparently where it happened.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15840

Comment

whoah

whoah, glad everyone is okay.

btw, =fj cruisers.
                        It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

Working...
                        X