Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJR @ Ft Dix, NJ

I got to do a little 4x4'n while being the lead convoy driver at our training location. The course was thru the New Jersey woods and was full of off camber turns, water crossings and (simulated) IEDs. I wish I sould've got more pics of the course, but: 1. we were not allowed to have our cameras out there in thefirst place and 2. it's kinda hard to drive, then shoot and take a pic where the insructors could not see. I was at home during the course! I do need a MJR sticker when I get over to the sandbox in a fw weeks. If I get it, I will take pics with it and post them!

I need an MJR sticker!

My HMMWV

Me and my HMMWV

Part of my convoy

My turret gunner and convoy

A HMMWV rollover simulator. I now know what the breakover angle is for a HMMWV (25%). After the rollover, then you have to figure how to climb out w/ all your gear

As most of you know, Jeeps were a product of the military. This is the MWRAP. It is the new convoy vehicle for desert operations. The inside is HIGHLY classified but let me tell ya, HOLY CRAP! This is a MASSIVE vehicle and has withstood a blast of a 100,000 lb underground/roadside bomb (occured in Afganistan a few months ago and only the turret gunner died out of the 5 man fireteam). In the background you can see a HMMWV and how the MWRAP completly dwarfs the HMMWV.
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Way cool photos! Thank you for your service! (and keep the photos comin')
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

IMPRESSIVE!

Thanks for your service, please extend our gratitude to the rest of your troop

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
        Way cool photos! Thank you for your service! (and keep the photos comin')

Sarah,

If you can send him an MJR sticker, I'll pay for it and the postage.

Roger
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Cool, thanks alot. I went through there in 87 for air base ground defense/air force police. Brings the memories back, we were the first to go through Ft Dix in 87.

Comment

Thank you,and thank your Troops,for the great job you do.Stay Safe and God Bless
            Dennis
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Me want one! Thanks for all you do. Just remember, we stand with you, not behind you.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Right-on!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  Sarah,

If you can send him an MJR sticker, I'll pay for it and the postage.

Roger
                  You rock! But he doesn't want one! (Just kidding, he doesn't have an address yet.)
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

TSGT Baker, Joshua
                    64th ESFS/S3OA
                    APO AE 09852

I have not unpacked and moved into my living space yet, so I'm not able to inventory what I have and what I need. We will move into our living quarters in about a week when the team we are relieving ships out to go back home. I will keep you posted.
                    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Comment

Working...
                    X