Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Editing..

Guys... what do you use for video editing? why?

I currently have licenses for Adobe Premiere, Quicktime Pro, Roxio Videowave and Final Cut Pro. I also have Microsoft Movie Maker... I know I have enough tools/toys... but am curious to know what you all are using and why.
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

I use Movie Maker for one main reason.... it came on my PC for FREE when I bought it.

The transitions and effects are simple and somewhat boring after awhile, but they work well and the whole package seems to be bug free (very different than the Nero software that I used to use). The ability to manipulate the video and audio are limited as well, but they get the job done.

Besides the fact that it was free, I do like that the software is fairly intuitive for me. I'm thinking that pretty soon I will start wanting to do more with the video than Movie Maker allows, but for now, it works well for me.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Movie Maker for the same reasons as Mike mentioned. I also have VideoStudio Pro X2 by Corel. Nice software with more features then Movie Maker and it's only $49.
      http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...1#tabview=tab0
      Check out .

Comment

Final Cut Studio 2 updating to FCP Studio 3 w/BlueRay support (finally Apple).
        Why? Because it works stand alone unlike AVID that needs an I/O for their full version. The only thing I had to add was a RAID for HiDef editing. Oh yeah, it's job related too so I can stick it to the tax man.

Maybe a little overkill for your needs

Comment

Working...
        X