Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low lifes!

well good news, after graduating from a local college and getting my A&P license to work as an aircraft mechanic, I landed a job that pays above average for the trade.

So with that, i went to sears and bought about 600.00 bucks worth of tools, a GPS, and a few other misc. items.

Worked all week for my 1st week and that was nice. Then friday i get up, go out to my car. My window is smashed, glove box open. 200.00 multimeter stolen, 200.00 gps stolen DANG IT!!!! i go around to the trunk. open it up. ALL OF MY TOOLS ARE GONE..every night i had taken them out when i came home by going into the garage, closing it and removing the tools. then i had to put the car along a street because i have 3 cars and a 2 car garage. NO ONE EVER SAW THAT CAR WITH TOOLS IN IT. that night i got home from a 13 hr shift and it was like 3 am. didnt think about it because i was dead tired.

they didnt know i had tools. they assumed i had a GPS because like an idiot i left the charger cable plugged into the cigarette lighter and had the cable laced around my sun visor. they assumed i had something in there and they got it. then they opened the trunk and i bet there eyes popped out of there head(s)..

complete SOB's.

Insurance wont touch anything but the broken window( 500 deductible (not worth it))
    thought i had home owners, but i dont.
    Mastercard wont cover it because i didnt have theft protection which i swore i signed up for.

I took this one up the tail pipe!!!

120.00 glass replacement,
    200.00 GPS replacement(need for work)
    350.00 spent at harbor freight for garbage tools

THEY EVEN STOLE MY BRAND NEW ROLL OF STAMPS... FOR SOME REASON THAT MADE ME MORE MAD I hate theives. i wish they would of just taken the whole stupid car. at least then i'd get something out of it.
    Last edited by brokenujoint; 10-01-09, 08:09 AM.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

[COLOR="Sienna"]Wow...note to self, don't park the Jeep at your house! I hate theives too. I think I'm going to install surveillance cameras on the house to watch over my stuff.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
      [COLOR="Sienna"]W I think I'm going to install surveillance cameras on the house to watch over my stuff.[/COLOR]
      Come on nick, think bigger, claymores man!

Sorry about your loss man. I thought i lost my tools on the road one time hauling a couch home. I was about ready to cry. Fortunaly they were just buried under a bunch of crap in the garage. Man i felt like a puss after that.
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

For $20.00 or less you can get a wireless remote alarm at Harbor Frieght. It works great. You just need to install the sensing unit high enough so dogs won't set it off. I bought two of them on the same channel and have set them in two locations to cover my property. The two receiving units are in different places in the house so you can hear it go off anywhere. They have a 400' range.

That and a couple of handy firearms and I sleep well
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
          Come on nick, think bigger, claymores man!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]You'd be suprised at how the police have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to these things. :dunno:[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

why didn't the insurance cover the contents of your vehicle?

That surprises me. Sorry for your loss

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I live in the getto too. So I dont leave shit in my jeep. I left my surfboard on the roof rack one night, forgot all about it. I was suprised as hell when I came out in the moring and it was on top of the jeep.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                I live in the ghetto too. So I don't leave shit in my jeep. I left my surfboard on the roof rack one night, forgot all about it. I was suprised as hell when I came out in the morning and it was on top of the jeep.
                Dude! you cant surf in black jeans. I am suprised no one has taken the donk #'s yet though
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

do you have home owners insurance, or renters insurance? either of those would cover your belongings. both are worth having. both are inexpensive and invaluable when you need them.

Sorry your stuff got stolen. there is nothing worse than having your friggin tools stolen. It takes a certain type of low-life to steal a man's livelihood.

Good luck in scalping the sonofabitch that swiped your stuff
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

When you do your taxes for 2010. You can claim it. You get a little back. It's something. I did that when wife first moved up here with me. A few weeks later were at the school soccer game. Someone took her purse and cell phone out of our truck. I saw the kids chased them and caught them! I turned around and told my wife to pull the truck up closer, I was about 40ft away from it and she was to far (it was night and she was in the truck) as I turned back, they took off. I couldn't catch them as they were jumping fence after fence. Claimed it on our taxes. I got some back.

Comment

yeah, i will be claiming the tools in 2010. at least i have that much. insurance company says they will only cover what is attached to the vehicle. ie: stereo, rims, paint, windows.. etc.

i thought i had home owners ins. evidently i dont. i live in a nicer townhome community and we have a full size two car garage. my jeep and my fiance's sports car go in there. the little toyota that i commute back and forth to work in has to park about 40 ft to the curb from my front door and then directly across the street. no one is allowed to park in the community from 3am to 6am. STUPID! not that it would make that much difference, but instead of parking on a dirt stretch next to the street with very little lighting with 75 other cars every night just sucks.If i dont get a door ding, or walk past a condom on the ground, i now get broken into.i wish i had a normal house house....

the home owners that i thought i had attached to my mortgage every month is actually the property tax. the HOA that i pay every month (230.00) only covers the exterior of the home, gardening, trash and water.

my mastercard (and by the way, get visa instead. i hear that theft protection is automatic with visa) wont cover a dime. apparantly the theft protection that i signed up for.... well it didnt happen.

4 drawer craftman tool box..
                      complete 3/8, 1/4, 1/2 socket sets and rachets
                      complete 12 pt metric and standard wrench sets
                      fluke multi
                      3/8 and 1/2 tq wrenches
                      200.00 TomTom GPS system
                      crow foot wrenches, allens, screwdrivers, torques, hammer, you name it... gone...
                      Oh and my #$@$#$@ STAMPS! ( I HATE GOING TO THE POSTOFFICE)

At any rate, i need a truck for my new job. I am a contract corporate aircraft mechanic. my FBO is local but we do alot of servicing on Lear45, 60 and champion 300 aircraft that land at various airports through out southern cali and nevada.
                      thinking about a 2009-2010 Chevy Silverado extended cab with a solid tonneau cover and a box under that as well. should make enough in a few months for a fat down and then i can get rid of this stupid lil toyota echo that i drive around looking like i have no testosterone....

DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED!
                      Last edited by brokenujoint; 09-29-09, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                        DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED!
                        hook me up with a job and i'll "donate" 10% as a finder's fee :yay:

i haven't had much luck locally (3 days a week at F70), so i'm seriously considering looking south (sandy eggo) and/or north (ontario/riverside). i also work an occasional saturday at KAJO fixing flight school rentals.

so yeah.... is your company looking for more jeeper/A&Ps?

Comment

unfortunately no... I dont really even know how i got this job. I graduated in june and got my A&P license the last week of school. myself and 2 other students were the only ones to get our licenses. 3 months passed and none of us could find ANYTHING!... then one of the guys got a job at a private pilot training company repairing lil cessna's and beachcrafts. he makes like 15 and hr and comes home tired and dirty every day. I actually was jealous because i knew that i had to start at the bottom ya know.?
                          Then i did some call backs to places that i applied for. long story short, i got a job at a FlexJet contractor. Im working on 29 million dollar airplanes with almost zero experience along side guys w/10+ yrs of commercial and corporate exp. they hired me on knowing i dont know squat with the intent to train me "there way". fine with me.
                          im making more than a lot of commercial airline guys. no benefits, no insurance, and no W2... 1099 all the way... lots of driving and lots of goofy hrs but the pay(starting out) is insane. i just hope i catch on as fast as they want me to. they want me doing ground service and interior inspections and overnight inspections with in 6 months. thats with who knows what kind of squawks that may arise.. i'm thinking more like a yr but who knows.. i've put in about 60 hrs this week and that comes out to what i made in a month at my other job at a restaurant. keep looking. look in the corporate aircraft sector. they are un-phased by the economy.

Comment

you need to look into that a bit deeper. in most cases if you hold a mortgage, the bank requires home owners insurance. it may be there and you just aren't seeing the bill.

It sounds like you have everything bundled into one payment as I do. I could see the insurance payment being easy to miss.

Best of luck!
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

If you have an escrow company(and it sounds like you do) call them directly. They know where the money is going. Erik is right you cant get a loan without homeowners insurance.
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                              X