Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7

Are you using windows 7? How do you like it? Have you run into any glitches? I hit one driver glitch, but seem to have overcome it by usng a network driver for my printer rather than the usb driver.

All seems to be smooth and quite a bit faster than the Vista business I was using.

The numbers on the user satisfaction index went up quite a bit as well.
    So far so good. What is your experience with it?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

My experience with it is .... I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. :devil:

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

If you wouldn't touch it, you have no experience with it, now do ya'?
      So are you into Linux or some other OS?
      ERIK

Comment

What, no one is using it?
        ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
          What, no one is using it?
          Yes,...he is into Linux Eric,.. I was going to try linux myself and have several versions already downloaded to throw on a different hard drive to mess with it but after research i still wonder which version to try. Ok, back on topic. I hope more people reply to this thread that have tried windows 7 as I am rather curious about it myself. However, my experiences with beta software most of the time is not very pleasing.
          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

I am using the retail software not the beta, or release candidate. A friend in the software business was able to sell me the real deal before the release date.

I have used vista business before switching to the 7 ultimate, and there is quite a difference in the way it performs.
            ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
              I am using the retail software not the beta, or release candidate. A friend in the software business was able to sell me the real deal before the release date.

I have used vista business before switching to the 7 ultimate, and there is quite a difference in the way it performs.
              sweet,.. I used to have connections like that,... not no more. Before win 98 came out I had a developers edition of it. No key code needed. Not that it does any good now....
              Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 09-25-09, 10:55 PM.
              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

HAvent heard anything bad about 7. I'll be going with it.
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Ubuntu or Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                  Yes,...he is into Linux Eric,.. I was going to try linux myself and have several versions already downloaded to throw on a different hard drive to mess with it but after research i still wonder which version to try. Ok, back on topic. I hope more people reply to this thread that have tried windows 7 as I am rather curious about it myself. However, my experiences with beta software most of the time is not very pleasing.

I use Linux on 2 of my PC's one with Ubuntu the other with Ultimate edition which both are awsome. I now have two macbooks but still keep my linux on my pc's and will never ever go back to a windows operating system again, not that there are bad there are just not for me. Also Linux operating systems arent for everyone, it takes allot of research and messing with to get to understand it but once most people get going at least the ones that I have turned on to linux, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                    sweet,.. I used to have connections like that,... not no more. Before win 98 came out I had a developers edition of it. No key code needed. Not that it does any good now....
                    I still have a copy of Win'98, Win'2000, Win'XP Pro

Comment

I'm 100% Linux. I think I have a friend that has played with Windows 7 and he likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                        I'm 100% Linux. I think I have a friend that has played with Windows 7 and he likes it.
                        You THINK you have a friend?... or you think he has Windows 7?...

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                          You THINK you have a friend?... or you think he has Windows 7?...

Scott
                          or is it someone you know and you "think" he's your friend but aren't sure?
                          ERIK

Comment

All of the above? :bonk:

(I have a friend, who I think might be using windows 7)...

Comment

Come on Materdaddy, drink the Kool-Aid with us!! Windows is good!
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X