Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Honda mechanic in OC?

A colleague of mine blew up the engine in her '95 Honda Del Sol on Friday.

She ran it without oil. :omg:

After careful consideration, she has decided to keep the car and put a new engine in it. Everything else seems to be in great shape and when putting in the new engine a new clutch would go in for the 5-speed.

I offered to check and see if I could find any recommendations for a mechanic in OC who could replace the engine for her. She's located in Costa Mesa.

If you have any recomendations for what company to buy a remanufactured engine from that would also be great.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Christian
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you can make it to North County San Diego, my neighbor is a lead mechanic at Hoen Honda and does TONS of side-work out of his garage. He usually does engine swaps in 1 night or two with an engine from Japan with something really low like 30,000. PM me if you're interested in his help.
    Last edited by Materdaddy; 09-09-09, 10:03 AM.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      If you can make it to North County San Diego, my neighbor is a lead mechanic at Hoen Honda and does TONS of side-work out of his garage. He usually does engine swaps in 1 night or two with an engine from Japan with something really low like 30,000. PM me if you're interested in his help.
      PM sent.

Thanks.

Christian
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

You wouldnt even need a tow truck, you could probably drive a del sol right up into the back of the scrambler :beer:
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

I'll vouch for matterdaddys neighbor. He knows his stuff.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
            You wouldnt even need a tow truck, you could probably drive a del sol right up into the back of the scrambler :beer:
            The Limo has room for the Del Sol, right next to the tools.

It's like when people tow a car behind a motor home, but I just put a car behind the front seats! :wink:

Christian

Comment

Working...
            X