Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm officially working again

I had a couple of months off and am now officially back to work.

The job was offered to me right after I was laid off and before I hit my driveway, but the start date was uncertain.

It worked out perfectly with some rest, some recreation and the completion of a few tasks around the house that I was neglecting. Some of them still aren't completed, but there is only so much a guy can do in 2 months. :wink:

The official position is that of a "Project Manager," but to get me started sooner than later, they've got me working as an Engineer doing the Quality Assurance on a wireless deployment for the San Diego Unified School District. We're starting with an initial limited installation of about 1400 access points in just under 200 schools.

That's got me living in San Diego during the week and driving home on the weekends. I should be in San Diego for about 2 months.

I'm actually having a lot of fun!

In a couple of weeks, I may bring the Scrambler down, so that I can go diving in La Jolla after work.

Let me know if there are some restaurants that I should try while I'm in the area!

Christian
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
    Let me know if there are some restaurants that I should try while I'm in the area!

Christian
    Albertos! Best cheap Mexican food anywhere! The carne asada burritos with pico de gallo (sp?) are the Bomb!
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

That's great news! Give'em 120%!!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Ocean House on 5th street downtown. for something fancy. And Point Loma Seafood in Point Loma.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thats good to hear dood!

The few,
          The proud,
          The working
          :beer:
          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

The Aloha Cafe on Fay Ave is great.
            Congrats.... always good to be employed.

Bring jeep, you could always do Corral Canyon off to the east of San Diego instead of going home...... he he he.
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
              Albertos! Best cheap Mexican food anywhere! The carne asada burritos with pico de gallo (sp?) are the Bomb!
              Have you got an address or cross streets?

I couldn't find this with a search on my phone.

Christian
              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                That's great news! Give'em 120%!!
                I'm giving them that and more!

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                  Ocean House on 5th street downtown. for something fancy. And Point Loma Seafood in Point Loma.
                  I've just written these down and plan to visit them both over the next few weeks.

Thanks!

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                    The Aloha Cafe on Fay Ave is great.
                    Congrats.... always good to be employed.

Bring jeep, you could always do Corral Canyon off to the east of San Diego instead of going home...... he he he.
                    I found an Aloha Sushi & Hawaiian Grille at 7731 Fay Ave, La Jolla.

Is that the one?

I've been thinking of bringing the Jeep and doing some wheeling while I'm down here, but I use the vehicle all day for work. I'd have to keep the wheeling easy and bring my shop vac down with me to clean it up afterwards. That why I was only thinking about diving if I bring it down. We'll see...

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                      Thats good to hear dood!

The few,
                      The proud,
                      The working
                      :beer:
                      It was a happy moment when I got that call on a Thursday night and was told that I needed in San Diego for work the next morning.

I knew that at a moments notice I was probably going to be sent north to Union City or south to San Diego. I had my "go bag" packed and ready to bolt. I'm glad I was sent south.

Maybe a bunch of us in this area can get together for something to eat and drink one day after work.

Christian

Comment

We might be in SD on Friday. No Jeep though. Business/personal visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                          We might be in SD on Friday. No Jeep though. Business/personal visit.
                          Every Friday night, I get to do the 3 hour commute home. It's actually a nice relaxing drive.

Christian

Comment

Great to hear Christian.Have fun down there,always cool to see new trails.
                            Dennis
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                              Great to hear Christian.Have fun down there,always cool to see new trails.
                              Dennis
                              Thanks, Dennis. It's funny...I was just thinking about you and the I.V. pole idea we were talking about at your place for hanging a lantern!

Christian

Comment

Working...
                              X