Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAHA, I like Barney1's comment; I'll just pull out a cold one and say it's broken!!

Comment

I think that the worst part of airing back up is the time it takes, and if yer doing multiple rigs it must take forever, and so thats the rub. I used to have a lil compressor, cause I was feeling like a rat needing to use somebodys air all the time, but it broke and now I'm inbetween -I want onboard air- i just havent done it yet. so now I just drive to a gas station. its no biggie, I try not to go down past 10psi, because I know that I can drive on it for a while. I do have awesome friends and they have good onboard air, (and I'm sure they dont mind sharing evry once in a while) but I don't want to be a mooch and I dont want to be a burden... I try to save all of that up for when I'm on my side
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
        I don't want to be a mooch and I dont want to be a burden... I try to save all of that up for when I'm on my side
        HAHA Me to (note the air tank mounted under the truck) :wink:

click to go big
        Its no fun without family

Comment

Hmmm... I can relate to this when I go mudding with friends, out of the 5 cars not including me that usually come, I am the only one with a tow strap and a shovel and boots on. It gets annoying but just be happy that you have people to go with and your having fun while you do it

Comment

Yeah if it gets to be constant, i could see it getting old. And also taxing your compressor. (yeah york guys just keep laughing)

At the same time, i always try to help people whenever i can. Because you will always need help from someone later. Just the way it goes.

Cliffs notes: You can hassle your buddies for not being prepared, but dont leave em stranded
            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

You'd be "helping" your friends by telling them they need a compressor. Just like you need a strap, shovel, etc.

All of us Jeepers will help anyone in need anytime, but we dont like "Moochers". Once or twice is OK, but everytime? No.

BTW- I just bought a new dual cyl Q89 comp from Amazon for $111. I have only used it a few times so far, but it is fast.

Let me know if anyone wants to borrow it!!!

LOL!

Comment

When I bought our Rubi and got back into the jeep thing I had to use others air (and deflators) the first few trips out (thanks to those who helped out) but soon we got our own and feel alot better about it, I know there are many who would gladly offer it up but time after time I can see how it would get annoying. That being said, if your buddies are slowly piecing their rig together I would not have an issue, but if it is not a work in progress then they should cough up the dough!

Comment

Originally posted by 100dollarman View Post
                  BTW- I just bought a new dual cyl Q89 comp from Amazon for $111. I have only used it a few times so far, but it is fast.
                  Hey 100dollarman . . . do you happen to know the name/contact info for the company that you got the Q89 from? I did a google seach but Amazon shows $130 now. I'm going to have to give my little red 1050 a try to see if it starts up again, but I think it died for the last time yesterday. If I could find another one for 50 bucks like I got this one, I'd buy another one, but they seem to be like 70 so it would make sense to upgrade especailly if I can find a good deal on the Q89.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]From the other side.

"Hi, my name is Nick, and I'm somewhat of an air leech."

I'm not totally dependent on others; I have an old ViAir compressor which takes FOREVER to fill my tires. I don't expect air from anyone, but if there are plans after the run...I usually get help from someone not wanting to wait until Christmas to get dinner. (Unless it's a Christmas run).

Good solid air set-ups cost a few duckettes. But if someone EXPECTS air from you...you gotta draw the line. I'd probably ask questions like, "What do you guys do for air when you're not with me?" or " Are you sure you wanna air down...how are you going to air back up?"
                    [/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

My little Red MasterFlow MV50 finally died. I pulled it appart and it looks like the mechanism that turns and drives the piston broke. Was thinking about getting another one but decided to upgrade instead as the 33's seem to be taxing it a bit and it gets really hot. I found the Q89G on Amazon like 100dollarman suggested for $106 bucks. Looks like I'll be mooching air for a couple of weeks til it arrives!
                      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WYRD View Post
                        When I bought our Rubi and got back into the jeep thing I had to use others air (and deflators) the first few trips out (thanks to those who helped out) but soon we got our own and feel alot better about it, I know there are many who would gladly offer it up but time after time I can see how it would get annoying. That being said, if your buddies are slowly piecing their rig together I would not have an issue, but if it is not a work in progress then they should cough up the dough!
                        Well said! I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]From the other side.

"Hi, my name is Nick, and I'm somewhat of an air leech."

I'm not totally dependent on others; I have an old ViAir compressor which takes FOREVER to fill my tires. I don't expect air from anyone, but if there are plans after the run...I usually get help from someone not wanting to wait until Christmas to get dinner. (Unless it's a Christmas run).

Good solid air set-ups cost a few duckettes. But if someone EXPECTS air from you...you gotta draw the line. I'd probably ask questions like, "What do you guys do for air when you're not with me?" or " Are you sure you wanna air down...how are you going to air back up?"
                          [/COLOR]

I agree also. I am hungry after. All I want to do is get to the diner!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                            My little Red MasterFlow MV50 finally died. I pulled it appart and it looks like the mechanism that turns and drives the piston broke. Was thinking about getting another one but decided to upgrade instead as the 33's seem to be taxing it a bit and it gets really hot. I found the Q89G on Amazon like 100dollarman suggested for $106 bucks. Looks like I'll be mooching air for a couple of weeks til it arrives!
                            Pull next to me, I don't mind.

Comment

I used to take pride in being the guy with all the toys
                              could pull anything out that was needed when someone broke down or needed a tow, had the air and stuff.
                              A lot of times now I yell out, "who has a shackle so we can hook this guy up?"
                              You know I lwt others pitch in. It may be cool for so long, but sooner or later the toll on you is the stuff gets ratty and you have to buy it again. Even an air system gets old and needs parts.
                              Like I said, claim a few fast get aways and soon they start to get an air bottle or 2 in the group. Ask some one to get out their tow strap because yours is broken from the last recovery. I have a lot of wore out straps, a lot of bent this and that.
                              Bottom line is wheeling is expensive, a lot of guys will not spend the money until they have to, and a lot will quit wheeling after their first big break down. But why should you have to foot the bill.
                              I notice when wheeling with guys who all have the stuff they need no one complains about sharing, but when a guy needs stuff each trip he gets a rep fast.
                              I would ask the guys who borrow each time to buy their own, or leave it at home next time so they have no choice.
                              You are not being rude, or antisocial, you are being realistic.
                              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                                Good thing to know.....See ya tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X