Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville Speedweek 2009

Chris and I just returned from Speedweek 2009 at the Bonneville Salt Flats

This year the goal was to get the owner of the Streamliner into the "3 Club". This means, that the driver must break a landspeed record in excess of 300 mph. We Succeeded

Here is the car that we did it in:

The Streamliner and the Modified Roadster:

Chris and I in front of the cars

The Modified Roadster:

The Salt was awesome this year! Temps were in the high 80s and low 90s. Couldnt have asked for better weather.

Im sure if you ask nicely, Chris will get on and give you details about the cars.

Tam
    Last edited by JeepGal; 08-14-09, 08:03 PM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

I'm really pretty pissed I didn't make it. Bad back prevented me from helping with prep and then reorganization at work kept me from getting a chance to go out. Now I really don't know what to do with my vacation time...

Congrats to Don and especially Chris and the rest of the crew for making it happen. So awesome. Will see you guys in a few weeks!
    If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

I know that roadster, just who owns it fails me right now. Looks like you guys had a blast, been a few years since I have been to Bonneville.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Don was on cloud nine. The exit speed on his record run was a whopping 310 mph!

It was bitter sweet in a way. He just had the car repainted. She's beautiful. The white paint sparkles like the salt. It was the first time its been run since the paint job.

On the qualifying run, Don got a little off course on mile marker 4, and ran through the sign. Thankfully, the sign is made from PVC pipe and mesh netting, very lightweight.He went directly through the uprights at around ~290 mph. Damaged some fiberglass bodywork on the drivers side, and screwed up the pretty new paint job. Everyone kinda breathed a sigh of relief in that it was Don that did it, and not them Kinda like a Jeep, the first ding or body damage is the worst.

Jim- If you know that roadster, you know the Fergusons. They have owned the car in that configuration for a while. Plus, it was just painted a few years ago.

Chris was the crew chief this year, responsible for getting her ready, and wrenching on her during impound. We were hoping to get record runs on both cars, but the Modified Roadster had some serious piston problems on the first run that were not repairable on the salt. They turned their attention back to the Streamliner, and discovered that it was done for the week as well.

Next year, we hope to get more folks into the "3 Club".

Tam

Comment

Wow!! Congrats! I want to get out there to the flats one of these years... Sweet pics.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

All right! Congrats to Crew Chief Chris.
            The pictures look surreal, very cool.

Tom

Comment

Congrats! I just saw on TV Jesse James break some record over here in El Mirage.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post

I soooo want to drive that to the grocery store
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                  Congrats! I just saw on TV Jesse James break some record over here in El Mirage.
                  Actually, Im not sure if he actually did it. From what Ive heard there was no sanctioning body out there (SCTA)

http://www.landspeedproductions.biz/

He could have very well have exceeded a landspeed record, but I dont think he set an official record.

Tam

Comment

Working...
                  X