Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Tooth Extaction

Just got back from taking Turbo to the vet and one of his upper molar teeth is cracked and needs to be removed. I just happened to go to clean his teeth this morning and saw a bit of blood and then the crack and big chunk missing . . . poor little dude . . . you can see the cracked portion hanging there . . . has to hurt, but he's such a tough little guy, you wouldn't even think anything is bothering him. Sounded like a pretty routine procedure and what not . . . then I got the estimate . . . between the visit, and preop blood work today and the estimate for the procedure, I'm looking at $750 to $900. For those of you that have had to deal with this with your dog, does that sound about right? They'll do a full cleaning and exam for the rest of his teeth while they are at it, but I was expecting more in the $300 maybe $400 range . . . not close to a grand.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Joe,

Skip the vet and take to your regular dentist, it would then be in the $300 range and he probly would do a better job! Vets tend to gouge. "Pre-op blood work"? Just removing a broken tooth here.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
      Joe,

Skip the vet and take to your regular dentist, it would then be in the $300 range and he probly would do a better job! Vets tend to gouge. "Pre-op blood work"? Just removing a broken tooth here.
      Right!!! You should see the estimate sheet . . . you'd think I'd taken my Jeep in after a front end collision or something looking at the estimate! Wondering what others have paid for this type of thing :dunno:

Comment

LOL!
        Sounds a little high to me. Call around w/out saying what your estimate is and see what others are charging for a tooth removal. They will probably say they need to see the dog, etc, etc. Just tell them, your a busy guy and an estimate w/out holding them to anything will do.

Comment

I got a set of linemans if you need them.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

That is crazy. Last time one of my dogs went to the vet for cleaning, he had 4 teeth removed. Total bill was $200. I'd look for another vet.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

that does sound way high for one tooth. my little old dog had to have several pulled and it was about 300. best of luck to you and doggie.
              Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet. Called a couple of places and the cost difference isn't big enough to deal with the added headaches as most want to see the dog first . . . etc . . . etc. At the end of the day it could cost a lot more and I'd still fork over the cash for the little guy. Sorry Turbo . . . no more bones for you buddy!

Comment

Geeez Joe, for that much cash they might as well put a little bling in Turbos smile, throw in a matching coller... heck he's already lowered.

Comment

Their tolerance to pain is the same as ours. With that said. Call a neighboring city. That sometimes will lower the cost a bite. I do that ALL the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
                      Geeez Joe, for that much cash they might as well put a little bling in Turbos smile, throw in a matching coller... heck he's already lowered.
                      Seriously...get him some crunk up in his grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                        Just got back from taking Turbo to the vet and one of his upper molar teeth is cracked and needs to be removed. I just happened to go to clean his teeth this morning and saw a bit of blood and then the crack and big chunk missing . . . poor little dude . . . you can see the cracked portion hanging there . . . has to hurt, but he's such a tough little guy, you wouldn't even think anything is bothering him. Sounded like a pretty routine procedure and what not . . . then I got the estimate . . . between the visit, and preop blood work today and the estimate for the procedure, I'm looking at $750 to $900. For those of you that have had to deal with this with your dog, does that sound about right? They'll do a full cleaning and exam for the rest of his teeth while they are at it, but I was expecting more in the $300 maybe $400 rangebeagle. . . not close to a grand.
                        Unfortunately that sounds about right.My male Beagle ..George.. needs his teeth cleaned and with the blood work and putting him under is going to run me about $750.00 and thats just for a cleaning.
                        It's a little expensive but he's my little bud and he's worth it.
                        Once I take care of George my female beagle is next!!!! Elli
                        Fredo

Comment

Originally posted by Fredo View Post
                          Unfortunately that sounds about right.My male Beagle ..George.. needs his teeth cleaned and with the blood work and putting him under is going to run me about $750.00 and thats just for a cleaning.
                          It's a little expensive but he's my little bud and he's worth it.
                          Once I take care of George my female beagle is next!!!! Elli
                          Fredo
                          Thanks for the input guys! Turbo is scheduled to go in tomorrow morning. Just hoping that all goes well and he makes it thru okay and is back in action quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                            Thanks for the input guys! Turbo is scheduled to go in tomorrow morning. Just hoping that all goes well and he makes it thru okay and is back in action quickly.
                            He will be just fine..
                            Fredo

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm very happy and relieved to say that everything went well and Turbo is back in action and ready to hit the trail! All in, it came out to about $825 . . . whatever . . . it's done, he's okay, and his teeth are sparkling and his breath ain't kickin'.

Chillin' at the top of John Bull

Comment

Working...
                              X