Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your stuff?

Just got my 05 LJ and need to start buying stuff. What online sites/stores do you recommend to get parts, lift kits, recovery gear, electronics, etc? Thanks.

There is a ton of places you just need to do a fast search on yahoo, google etc....

My buddy works here: www.genright.com
    Its no fun without family

Comment

Originally posted by tool pimp View Post
      There is a ton of places you just need to do a fast search on yahoo, google etc....

My buddy works here: www.genright.com
      I found a bunch of places online. I guess I'm just asking which places you've bought from and have good prices/customer service, etc.

Comment

I liked "4wheel drive hardware" before they were bought out by "4 wheel parts". Stay away from the 4 wheel parts store in riverside, their customer service isnt very good.

Comment

I've purchased from Northridge4x4 in the past. I know 1 person here who isn't happy with them, but forget why. I've had to call David a time or two, and they always picked up the phone quickly and answered any questions they could.

I've also been purchasing from morris4x4center and on my trip to Florida last year went to visit their shop. Nice people, competitive prices.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Rob at quadratec is good to deal with, as are the vendors on this board.

You cant go wrong in dealing with Robert at genright either.
            Poly performance will likely have whatever you are looking for if it is a specialty item, or higher end parts, but you'll pay a bit more for it.

what are you looking for specifically?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Wow! No shit! I was wondering why they had free shipping to your local 4Wheel Parts store knowing it came from 4Wheel Drive. Thanks for the inside info. Anyways I agree with the Google searches to get a better deal then Catalog prices. Usally if things break they will send it back to the manufacture, but if you buy from a Catalog, it will get replaced usally on the fly. I guess what it all boils down to is that you pay a little more for the customer service. I would give MoonWorks a try, Matt has been pretty good and knows his stuff. He always calls back when you need to ask questions.

Originally posted by ECHO View Post
              I liked "4wheel drive hardware" before they were bought out by "4 wheel parts". Stay away from the 4 wheel parts store in riverside, their customer service isnt very good.
              Last edited by Drewminator; 07-13-09, 04:22 PM.
              Drew
              95yj Six Pack

Comment

I stay away from the big chain store fast food style sell you anything whether it works or not type of stores. I prefer small independent stores that are totally dependent on you coming back because they have to treat you like a king to get you from buying from the pass it out on a platter big chain stores. The advice you get, the customer service,and the way they stand behind their sales is what sets them apart from the sell you it and then tell you to call the manufacturer yourself fast food large chain mega fucUuothearse selling every fad coming down the pike stores.
                I may pay a few dollars more, but when I have a problem they usually go to bat for me instead of telling me to call the manufacturer end up talking to some towel headed computer nerd from the nation of India cant speak english well never seen a 4x4 in his life vegetarian sudo lesbian in a box 28 year old virgin kind of service stores.
                But that is my opinion, not that of everyone else here.
                cheers
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by drewminator View Post
                  wow! No shit! I was wondering why they had free shipping to your local 4wheel parts store knowing it came from 4wheel drive. Thanks for the inside info.
                  no prob senor. I could be wrong, but i remember their prices being much better before selling out too. 4x4rockshop.com has some great prices and i was very happy with their customer service when i bought my rear bumper/swing combo.

Comment

4 West in Colton is a really good place! 4 Wheel Parts and Quadratec are good too.

Comment

If you know what you want in advance, I have always had very good luck with 4x4rockshop.com No tax, shipping is most often free, and on your doorstep within a couple of days. I have had only one return, and the process went well.

Ditto on the Genright comments. Tony and Co make really nice stuff, and are good to deal with it. It ain't cheap, but it is high quality.

Polyperformance has dang near everything. Check out their site.
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

www.4wheelerssupply.com

www.morris4x4.com

I like them both. Great to deal with and stand behind what they sell.
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

I've personally had really good luck with Mesa4x4.com . . . excellent prices, great service, fast shipping, etc. If they don't have what you are looking for, check out 4x4groupbuy.com. I've heard lots of good things about Northridge4x4 as well. I only go thru the big guys like 4WP or Quadratec if I'm in a pinch or if they have a great deal . . . Quadratec has a failure rate of about 50% with me and my buddies for shipping the wrong part . . . they'll take care of it, but having to call and explain that you received a winch hook instead of a D-ring or you got 2 left side soft doors, gets old quick.
                          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

X2 on Genright.com

great prices and great products. customer service is a1.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

A good thing to do is to get in tight w/ a good local, small shop/store that will be there for you when/if you need any help, advice, etc. My favorite place to order through is All J Products in Big Bear and they are 2 hours drive from me. Nice thing is they take very good care of their customers, can order pretty much any products from the name brand vendors and they stand behind their products and work w/ great customer service and support of the off-road community. They also make some pretty nice products of their own which is nice.

Buying from a large chain store is usually hit and miss and you can't always deal w/ the same person who gets to know you and consider you a friend instead of just another customer. Personally i think personalized service and a long term relationship w/ a private, smaller shop is worth a lot in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X