Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot rock vandalized

Last Friday I was with my buddies riding and when we stopped at Pilot Rock to see that the rock and many others were tagged with paint. Some kid overdosed recently and they decided to make it his memorial to our horror. My friends in crestline are going to attempt a clean up but we are looking for info from our Old Fart. We have contacted the local Police, Forest Rangers and have received some info. SB forest guidelines are a bit sketchy as to what to do and what can be done. Angeles County has all sorts of info on tagging in that part of the mountains but not to much on our side.

Here is a link on Gemini's world showing pictures of the mess. Click on Chit Chat then its under the heading Pilot Rock graffiti.

http://www.geminisworld.net/gemsworld/MessageBoard.aspx

Thanks,

John

John, where exactly is that location?
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Last time I looked, Pilot Rock is at the top of 2n17x
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

LOL

I take it we're talking about the actual "Pilot Rock" itself - 34d 16.869'N x 117d 15.421'W?

I usually try to give GPS coordinates to the folks that will be responding. A few weeks back we had an "emergency - tree down on John Bull" - that I had (4) different locations for
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

The rock is off of 2N33 not far east from where 2N17X ends.

34 16'52.18" N
          117 15'25.27"W

On a side note, the time before last when we were there some kids showed up and started climbing the rock with out ropes. Freehand. Could not believe it. We left as if one of the morons fell that would be it.
          So this time we arrive and there are RIP Nick all over the rock. I assumed that someone fell but its something else. The paint is in layers, very thick and all over the rock. The rock has a rich history guiding travelers to Cajon Pass for 100's of years. It does not deserve this crap on it.

John

Comment

I passed it on to the proper folks - thanks!
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Thank you Jeff. I knew you were the one to contact.

Comment

What they pay me the Big Money for
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                  I passed it on to the proper folks - thanks!
                  The last time Jeff passed something on to us we all had to leave the room for a few minutes :doh
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Doogie - if I'd passed on something like THAT - you'd be leaving the state for a few months

BTW, I hear you stopped in on my buddy Dave. He told me you seemed like a nice person (don't worry - I straightened that misconception out immediately)
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                      The last time Jeff passed something on to us we all had to leave the room for a few minutes :doh
                      Lucky you, I had to get tested!
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
                        Lucky you, I had to get tested!
                        Sorry about that. But hey - look at the bright side - 50% of the tests came back negative....
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

I hate taggers. Too bad we cant adopt middle eastern justice here in the peoples republic of california and take their hands off.

Comment

Working...
                          X