Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More proof our government sucks...

I am really ticked that LA is paying over $2 million for the public to go to Michael Jackson's memorial!! That money could be going toward lowering my taxes!!!! The people who want to attend should be charged a fee to cover the money it's costing the taxpayers for them to attend!!!!!!! And all those people selling their tickets...the money should go to the city fees not to them. Our government really sucks!!

And thank God I have Directv with other channels to watch since all the normal channels will be covering the memorial...do they realize not all the public wants to hear anymore about MJ or see the memorial??

As Apple Valley is in San Bernardino County, how does money spent by the City of Los Angeles affect your taxes????????????
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I drive to La Verne and buy stuff there all the time. From gas to store bought items. Effects me and I am in Hesperia.

As for the Jewel. I agree. It's a joke. Just because he sang a few hit songs, he got away with what you and I would have been jailed for. So , class lets go over what we have learned. Murder your wife and her boyfriend. Pay a good lawyer and walk out of the court room. Murder your wife and because you were a one hit wonder on a TV show in the 70's you also walk out of a court room no jail time. And last but not least, your a pop star and mess around with children and never even see a court room (because you pay off the parents)! Then you pass away and people want to see get put 6ft under. Things that make you go hummmmmm.
      Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-06-09, 11:08 AM.

Comment

LA is getting enough out of this in truism dollars. The police department has a duty to the tax payers to protect life and property. That duty is not negated because Michael Jackson's funeral is expected to draw throngs. Did the Staples Center ask for the police department to close down city blocks for this event? Would it change anything if they had?
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
        X