Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I love my local Hardware Store!!!

Because they ALWAYS have the right tools for the job!!!

Ooo! You are on a roll! I don't know if it beats my favorite one though, hehe
    [sized]http://collateraldamage.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/kittyrifle.jpg[/sized]
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

And I thought this was going to be a post about Hanks!

They are the best stocked local hardware store that I know of

That said, they don't stock what's in that picture

Tam
      Last edited by JeepGal; 06-03-09, 09:42 AM.
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Hank's is the BEST hardware store in Southern California, possibly the whole West Coast.

Hell, you can even buy DOM and weld-on tabs there.

There is not a bolt in existence that they don't carry. Tool selection is good, but I go for the grade-8 stuff.
        '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

If it weren't for tiny insisting that I come home, I'm quite positive I could live at Hank's!

Comment

Sometimes on a saturday AM I go to NAPA, then Hanks then return home 6 hours later and $150 poorer, but I always have what I need to complete the job.
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

I have a funny story about Hanks.

When Chris and I first started going out, he was working on a project that required a special washer.

I told him about Hanks, and that they had EVERYTHING there. He doubted me and said that this was a specialty washer. I again told him that Hanks had EVERYTHING. So he bet me that Hanks wouldnt have it.

He gave me the specs of the washer, and off I went to Hanks. When I got there, the guy that works the Nuts, bolts and washer aisles (there are several!) asked me what it was I was looking for. I told him that my boyfriend had never been to Hanks, and that he bet me that Hanks would not have the washer he needed.

The employee looked at me, and asked, "What did you bet him?"

I just grinned, he knew without me telling him...and without even looking at the specs of the washer, replied "We dont have it," and walked off.

I died laughing. Sadly, they actually did not have it. But it makes for a great story!

Hanks is an AWESOME store! I could wander aimlessly in their three separate buildings for hours upon hours looking at all the intricate little parts.

Tam
              Last edited by JeepGal; 06-03-09, 04:51 PM.
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Just moved to the area running a Cabinet/Fixture shop, Locals told me about Hanks, If he doesn't have it he'll order and deliver. From what I hear he's been around for a long time.
                Great Place!!!

Comment

Wow, I just sent my wife to hanks to pick up a muffler bearing, bucket of steam, 20' of gig line, and a few qts of blinker fluid, hope I win the bet! :devil:

I saw a Dewalt AR the other day, it was the nicest nail gun I have ever laid eyes on. I do like that Hello Kitty AR, that is a nice piece. Hmm... maybe I'll make my AR all wacky, Spongebob maybe...
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

:gun:For those looking to upgrade their AR-15 to Sarah's Hello Kitty model, may I suggest the following furniture set.............

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index...roducts_id=668

If you are ever in Redlands, CA CWS is worth a visit.
                    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Holy freakin cow, Brian! Nice find. That'd probably be cheaper and much less work than painting yerself too.
                      Last edited by sarah; 06-04-09, 03:41 PM.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Funny.......when I was in the store they actually had this in the display case..........I thought it was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                          Wow, I just sent my wife to hanks to pick up a muffler bearing, bucket of steam, 20' of gig line, and a few qts of blinker fluid, hope I win the bet! :devil:

This is where i go for all that:

http://kalecoauto.com/

|90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Damn..........I have been looking for one of those "A Round Tuit(s)"...............

..........never thought I would find one.

Anyone seen a Fetzer Valve available, or 40 weight ballbearings?

Comment

haha i think my favorites are the Engine Oil Bypass Kit, the Adjustable Powerband, and the Flux Capacitor
                              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X