Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching our kids

I have been riding dirt bikes for years and learned the hard and easy way that you can't be to safe when riding.I have taught my boys the best I can about safty(never ride alone,always wear a helmet,gloves,and boots, know where your riding)Then I see this in the paper.The top story is about two local boy's,now pro Supercross racers,visiting a local school.
    The bottom story was about two riders at El Mirage riding at night across the lake bed,one with no helmet.
    See my problem with this picture?

Rant done,thanks
    Dennis
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

:thumbs_do
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

That's the type of stuff that reinforces bad behavior... :thumbs_do
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Yah, that was pretty bad. Two letters to the editor printed today. Posted on the District 37 site. We dirt bikers are not happy when there are pictures like this in a newspaper. The Alessi's have a marginal reputation as it is and this does not help them.
        Rich

Comment

Horray for the Daily Press! Everyone should cancel their newspaper subscription, or at least suspend it for a little while. Maybe next time they'll think about what they print.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
            Horray for the Daily Press! Everyone should cancel their newspaper subscription, or at least suspend it for a little while. Maybe next time they'll think about what they print.
            I won't cancel. We live for Steve's editorials, Thomas Sowell, etc. I am really disappointed in the Alessi brothers, but this is not the first time for them not to be good examples. Maybe there was a better picture the paper could have used, that is for sure. They have gotten a lot of bad comments on their site and I was happy to see they published the two negative letters.
            Rich

Comment

something should be said to the 'local school' principal, for allowing such junk to be 'taught' ...
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
              X