Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep broken into last night.

Opened the Garage door and my Jeep door was open and when I looked inside the glovebox was open. I had taken all the valuables out of the console and glovebox when I went to the Meet and greet so the only thing they got was my BDU hat for my uniform. The cops came down the road and turned at the corner. I went over there to find another cop dusting a truck for fingerprints. Talked to them and reported what they got for me. The informed me they busted a guy last night. On my way out of town they called the house to tell me to go pick up my hat at the station. When at the station I was informed they were getting ready to go search 3 houses. I called the station later to update that they also got my digital tire gauge and they informed me they busted 2 more guys. Also told me that they found Air Force Security Forces gear at the house and base was coming to ID it. Probably bullet proof vest, body armor, handcuffs and mag pouches. If it turns out they stole the AF gear they might be charged with a felony.(I hope)

I will be installing some exterior security in the near future.
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

How would they know it was AF SF gear just by looking at it? As a SF myself, Im baffled. But reading all of the pass-downs from other bases, our stuff is targeted more. Thats why I never leave Military gear in my car, esp my cop stuff. And why would they only take your hat?!? Kids? At least that was the only thing.
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Comment

Its been a bad week for mjr people. One totaled XJ and two broken into TJs(one of them twice). Full moon?
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by milpolicexj View Post
        How would they know it was AF SF gear just by looking at it? As a SF myself, Im baffled. But reading all of the pass-downs from other bases, our stuff is targeted more. Thats why I never leave Military gear in my car, esp my cop stuff. And why would they only take your hat?!? Kids? At least that was the only thing.
        The cops said they have had about 30 break ins in the last month and a in a few of them the gear was reported stolen. I guess he was wearing my hat when he got busted. Going by the size of the handprint on my center console it was kids. I forgot to ask the cop what age they were.
        Dennis
        04 TJ
        4.0/Auto
        RE 4.5 Long Arm
        Rock-It Man Rockers
        33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

Dennis,

Inside your garage is too close! Sounds like it will work out OK. You never know.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            Dennis,

Inside your garage is too close! Sounds like it will work out OK. You never know.

Mitch
            Sorry, wasn't clear on that, the Jeep was in the driveway backed up to the garage door. We always go in and out through the garage instead of the front door.
            Dennis
            04 TJ
            4.0/Auto
            RE 4.5 Long Arm
            Rock-It Man Rockers
            33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

damn, that sucks!

My jeep got broken into when I was at work one night. It sucked. All they got was the face plate to the radio, but in exchange left their cell phone. Man, i was so pissed i was ready to find them. We just ended up calling the cops.

Comment

Working...
              X