Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser engraver fun at work

We had a company bring up one of their laser engravers for a demo. My friend asked about engraving his titanium knife handle. It came out nice so I grabbed my knife and has some done on the blade. If the machine wasn't so expensive I would want one at my house. If I would have had a bitmap of the MJR logo I could have got that done too. Here are the results.

Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Nice! The MJR logo would be cool!
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Don't you guys remember how upset Sarah was when that Canadian club was using a logo that was a little to close to the MJR one? Beware the wrath of the Sarah edition

Comment

That came out pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          Don't you guys remember how upset Sarah was when that Canadian club was using a logo that was a little to close to the MJR one? Beware the wrath of the Sarah edition
          A little too close? all they did was change the name I think.

If I was making them for a profit I could see her upset, but for personal use I think she wouldn't mind. If I would have known they were coming I would have got a bitmap and brought extra knives and made her one.

Now my knife matches my shirts,hoodie, windshield banner, coffee mug, magnets and MJR desktop pen set.
          Dennis
          04 TJ
          4.0/Auto
          RE 4.5 Long Arm
          Rock-It Man Rockers
          33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

What model engraver is it? This is another application for the pumps that we make. Almost all of the laser engravers on the market use our vacuum pumps to evacuate the lasing chamber. Cool stuff main...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              What model engraver is it? This is another application for the pumps that we make. Almost all of the laser engravers on the market use our vacuum pumps to evacuate the lasing chamber. Cool stuff main...
              Don't remember the name, was having to much fun lazing stuff. Just remember it cost almost $37000 for the base model we saw.
              Dennis
              04 TJ
              4.0/Auto
              RE 4.5 Long Arm
              Rock-It Man Rockers
              33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

Originally posted by Deamer View Post
                Don't remember the name, was having to much fun lazing stuff. Just remember it cost almost $37000 for the base model we saw.
                That's it? I'll take two.
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

The tag above was laser engraved on brass.

http://www.epiloglaser.com/zing_16.htm

The Zing is similar to the one I have in the shop. I haven't priced one lately, but it should be close to $10,000.

Laser engraver prices are all about power and table size.

It doesn't take much power to mark metal. It takes a bunch of power to cut metal.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post

It doesn't take much power to mark metal. It takes a bunch of power to cut metal.
                    Ohhh yeah... V8 powered lazer engraver. Uuhh uuuh uuhh
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Wow! Aw man, if I had ANY sort of engraver/printer at home, I think I would tag everything in the house!! Too fun!!

And yeah, as Deamer said, the other club was using our logo as their identity, just with their name instead. And to think I had forgotten about that

BTW, Deamer - sweet knife!!
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                      X