Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldnt imagine living somewhere like that.

That is nutz. Maybe you should sell it and move out of the city. Like the desert. I dont think they have all these laws out there.

Good freaking luck with that place. Rent it out to some shitty people to pay her back.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

If the HOA is quoting law(s) they should hand you a written copy of the law or the HOA rule. If they are just spouting rules and laws and not backing it up with something in writing they have no athority tell you to stop, impose a fine or whatever else they want to threaten you with. Send them a letter (perferabally an e-mail for tracking) asking for written documentation on the law they quoted you and any other HOA rule they think or accusing you of violating. Allow them sufficent time to respond. If they don't provide you with these documents, then continue business as usual. Start documenting the meetings and what was discussed and said. Ask for a copy of the minutes. Make sure you get names of who represented the HOA and record dates and times. Document everything from this day forward and document to the best of your memory what has transpired until now. It will be a PITA but in the long run documentation will prevail.....keep us informed
      1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

It's not really the HOA, it's the Property Management Company Rep that is saying that car washing is illegal. I've already requested documentation on where these items were listed as violaitons, and the members of the HOA board asked the Prop Mgt Co Rep to send out a notice to all homeowners about the car washing as they hadn't heard of this either. I was thinking I'd wait a month or so (Jeep is nice an shiny now anyway!) and see if they send out the notice. If they don't, I think I'm going back to business as usual and if they do send out the notice I'll ask for them to provide proof of the law they are enforcing seeing that no mention of this being a violaiton is listed in the CC&Rs.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Good Greif Schmo - How the hell can you live like that? I have 5 acres of freedom. I can wash my vehicles. I can put up any antenna I want. I can paint my house any color I want. I can plant any plants I want (legal of course). I guess what I'm saying is I can pretty much do as I want on my property without some neighbor bitching or ratting me out. There's no way I could put up with living in an apartment complex or condo...
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

The saga continues . . . So Tomb Raider cruises by today and when we went down to the garage I noticed my crazy neighbor had several bags of trash both inside and outside the garbage can she keeps in the garage and the odor was strong and foul inside the garage. This is not an uncommon occurrence. I left a note on the ledge of the garage “Please take your trash to the dumpster, where it belongs. The garage smells like a dump.” I heard her come home and I went down to the garage a few minutes after hearing her come up the stairs. I noticed that she had taken out the trash and sprayed Lysol or something to cover up the smell. I then noticed the note that I’d left had been placed on my Harley along with a big puddle of SPIT. We're talking about a woman in her 50's spitting on things . . . nucking futs. I spoke with the HOA President, and she said she would take it up with the Property Mgt Company. I took pictures and then washed my motorcycle. I contacted the LAPD - Devonshire Division, but was told this would be a civil matter that I would need to take up with the HOA, so I've got a call out to the property management company.

Any idea as to what I can do to in this situation besides moving? All my other neighbors are great, and my best friend lives on the corner, I really don't want to have to move, what are my other options?

Comment

Make her life hell and get her to move.
              2 can play that game, that or move

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                The saga continues . . . So Tomb Raider cruises by today and when we went down to the garage I noticed my crazy neighbor had several bags of trash both inside and outside the garbage can she keeps in the garage and the odor was strong and foul inside the garage. This is not an uncommon occurrence. I left a note on the ledge of the garage “Please take your trash to the dumpster, where it belongs. The garage smells like a dump.” I heard her come home and I went down to the garage a few minutes after hearing her come up the stairs. I noticed that she had taken out the trash and sprayed Lysol or something to cover up the smell. I then noticed the note that I’d left had been placed on my Harley along with a big puddle of SPIT. We're talking about a woman in her 50's spitting on things . . . nucking futs. I spoke with the HOA President, and she said she would take it up with the Property Mgt Company. I took pictures and then washed my motorcycle. I contacted the LAPD - Devonshire Division, but was told this would be a civil matter that I would need to take up with the HOA, so I've got a call out to the property management company.

Any idea as to what I can do to in this situation besides moving? All my other neighbors are great, and my best friend lives on the corner, I really don't want to have to move, what are my other options?
                Regarding her spiting. It's a civic action unless she has aids. Then it's not. You should have told them to come out to "keep the peace". It's an actual call.

Well, her throwing stuff on you (I thought you said that) is an assult and battery. Honestly, it just depends on how far you want to go. You can call PD on everything she does. Build a record. This will help you in the long run. Trust me, PD can tell when you call if you really want them to come or not. Call dispatch number and request them to come out. Not the business line. Dispatch will send them out. Maybe a priority 3. But, they will come.

Also, no more notes about the trash. Call code enforcement (city hall) on that. Let the city start knocking on her door. They will find other things

Is her living conditions poor? If so, call the health/safety or adult dept. Have them come out.

Does she have pets? Are they licensed? Call animal control and tell them she might have unlicensed dogs. Some cities require cats to be too.

Does she rent? If so, sometimes a letter to her landlord will resolve things right away. Landlords don't like issues. They just want their rent check.

When her friends or family come over. Call PD. Maybe they left the car there. Have them mark the tires.

Remember, people in glass houses like to throw stones. She has dirt on her. You just need to find it and use it.

Like Art said. Make it tough for her. Maybe she will get tired of this and move her self?

It's like the bully at school. He is only tough until you stand up to him.
                Last edited by Jeep4cern; 10-04-09, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Make her life hell and get her to move. 2 can play that game
                  I would show them what a REAL butthole is
                  "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Damn Joe,
                    I would not want to have her as a neighbor cuz I'd be in prison for murder. She spit on your bike man. Them's shooting words.
                    Hope you can figure something out; it's got to suck living next to someone like that.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      Damn Joe,
                      I would not want to have her as a neighbor cuz I'd be in prison for murder. She spit on your bike man. Them's shooting words.
                      Hope you can figure something out; it's got to suck living next to someone like that.

Believe me . . . this experience has really shown me just how much self control I have . . . I'm kinda impressed with myself. It sure would be nice to retaliate, but at the end of the day, I've got too much to lose and someone that pathetic isn't worth it.

At least her timing was good as I was literally going down to wash the bike for the first time in months when I noticed the spit. Got the bike all shined up and purty!!!

Comment

No more parking my bike at your house.Self control is one thing,Messing with my motorsickles is a whole nuther story. Keep that thing on a leash would ya.

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
                          No more parking my bike at your house.Self control is one thing,Messing with my motorsickles is a whole nuther story. Keep that thing on a leash would ya.
                          Too bad it wasn't your bike she messed with . . . I don't think I'd have the problem any longer if she had! I would have been more than happy to detail your bike.
                          Last edited by Schmo; 10-06-09, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X