Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been one of them days

Finally got to working on the CJ. Pulled the roll bar, because at IDTT I noticed I lost 3 (of 4) bolts on the drivers side mount!!! Decided to paint it, to so it'll match my Rockhard Cage that is on its way.

Well, one of the bolts had sheered off. No problem, use an easy out. Drilled it, put in the easy out, snap, IT breaks, flush with bolt. 45 minutes trying to get that thing out, so I finally got a hole bit. That got it! Just gotta use a nice thick washer now!

On to removing my bumper/tire carrier. More bad news, cross member is toast:

Dropped the tank with no complications. Gonna throw in a new skid when it arrives.

Went to 4WP and picked up some of my stuff...still waiting on my brake lines and tank skid.

Went to pull my front driveshaft, and the u-joint bolts are rounded off from grinding on the rocks. Cut them out with angle grinder.

I have a long way to go. Just wanted to vent! In about 2 weeks...she should be done, and ready to rock and roll!

Done with what exactly?? Just these few repairs or will she look brand new again?
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Done with what exactly?? Just these few repairs or will she look brand new again?
      only thing that will fix your jeep steve is buying a JK
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Just talk to Josh and you'll feel better!!!

Even better . . . do a drive by . . . two weeks is nothing.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Just talk to Josh and you'll feel better!!!
          funny guy.

well story from last night is was cleaning up the frame mounts. and by chance a piece or metal somehow bounced off the jeep right into my ear. freaking thing was hot. took me a minute to get my gloves off and set the grinder down. it burned in there and was swollen last night. cleaned it out many times but too late.

got to have my rear linked up and rolling by sunday. am leaving for work for next week.

fun times man.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Sure you know the routine:
            Just
            Empty
            Every
            Pocket

It is quality time w/ your Jeep that will lead to More, even better, quality time w/ your Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              My list of things over next few weeks:
              Replace fuel lines
              1" body lift
              Install cage
              Replace brake lines
              install tank skid
              repair crossmember
              replace front driveshaft

Comment

Working...
              X