Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Right-Wing Conservatives" Now Targeted

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," said the report, which also listed as suspect gun owners and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

You can't make this stuff up!!

I haven't looked over the report yet, but just downloaded it. There is a link within the story there.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

oh yeah, if you oppose the new left, they will find a hate crime catagory to drop you in fer-sher! They have been playing this game a loooong tyme!
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I'm sure several on this board would consider themselves to fall under the "Right-Wing Conservative" title. Why not take this as a message that they're starting to figure out that you are mad as hell and armed to the hilt!!!

Although this is yet another opportunity to see how federal government wastes our money, and of course an opportunity for some to start breaking out their 1984 paperbacks, I don't really see this as a huge deal. If we actually had the resources to get a handle on the violent crime in this nation and protect our borders, maybe it would be nice for law enforcement to be able to keep tabs on the radical groups out there. Whether political, racist, religious, or other, it's a good idea to have your finger on the pulse of the extremist groups. I'm sure there have been more than a few abortion clinics, laboratories that do animal testing, logging companies, etc, that have been bombed, vandalized, or in one way or another terrorized by radical groups.

"There is plenty of crime out there for federal, state and local law enforcement to worry about. They don't need to invent threats that they have no factual basis for supporting."
      Just curious but would any of you care about this document if left-wing radicals were the target?
      The assessment is not the first Homeland Security product to examine threats based on political extremism. In January, the department sent law enforcement officials an assessment of cyberterrorism threats from such left-leaning sources as environmental, animal rights and anarchist groups.
      Funny . . . I don't remember seeing anything here about the assessment back in January targeting the Tree Huggers and PETA freaks!
      Last edited by Schmo; 04-15-09, 08:13 PM.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Well let's see,

I'm a Fundamental Christian.
        I'm Pro Life.
        I'm a strong beliver in the the Constitution and the Amendments.
        I own firearms (gasp!).
        I believe the less government the better.
        I believe the Public Lands belongs to the public, not to a few elete.
        I believe we need to have secure borders.
        I believe in individual responsibility.
        Gosh, I guess I'm classified as a right-wing extreemist.

Maybe I won't joke about those people who worry about those pesky black helicoptors any more...
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger, according to the Dems, yer a Terrorist!
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
            Roger, according to the Dems, yer a Terrorist!
            Maybe I shouldn't joke about the secret government concentration camps any more - maybe they are real....
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Maybe I shouldn't joke about the secret government concentration camps any more - maybe they are real....
              Oh, you didn't hear? Popular Mechanics debunked those on the Glenn Beck show. (Just like they debunked the events of that one September day...)
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I think they're twisting the definition of a "terrorist". A terrorist is someone who uses force, or the credible threat of force, to achive personal or political goals through manipulation of a gov't entity, service or resource.

People being pissed off at the gov't for the stupid crap they pull, are not terrorists.[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Micheal Savage sues for names on DHS list!

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                  "It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," said the report, which also listed as suspect gun owners and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

You can't make this stuff up!!

I haven't looked over the report yet, but just downloaded it. There is a link within the story there.
                  First I encourage everyone to read the Report. It is important that you are informed. Find it and download the PDF off the Michelle Malkin link that follows.

What a coincidence that this came out just before the Tea Parties! This is part of the agenda to usurp power for absolute control, Dictatorship. When DHS issued reports about the left radicals they defined groups, animal rights terrorists and environmental terrorists, there was a major difference. DHS has now unscrupulously planted the seed in the minds of the easily swayed and star struck that virtually ALL Conservatives are terrorists.

Well written article that gets into it by Michelle Malkin ; acknowledges DHS report and Tea Parties:
                  http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/14...tives-is-real/

Micheal Savage sues for names on DHS list;(Thomas More Law Center) The Freedom of Information Act request demands that DHS reveal the basis for its assessment targeting as "rightwing extremists", Story here:

http://www.thomasmore.org/qry/page.taf?id=19

In an except from the Statement by U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary/ Janet Napolitano on the Threat of Right-Wing Extremism on April 15, 2009
                  it was stated," Let me be very clear: we monitor the risks of violent extremism taking root here in the United States. We don’t have the luxury of focusing our efforts on one group; we must protect the country from terrorism whether foreign or homegrown, and regardless of the ideology that motivates its violence."source: http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1239817562001.shtm

I might suggest that Obama look in the mirror. Who says,"Let me be very clear" in almost every speech? I would venture to say Obama authored this statement and the original DHS report himself, not DHS.

Obama is an extremist on most every issue. There are very few if any extreme left-wing positions he does not embrace. There is no doubt that an Obama administration working with a Democrat majority in Congress will fundamentally alter this nation in ways that will be difficult to reset. Obama and the liberal majority congress is the danger to our Country by continually ignoring our Constitution and eroding our liberties.

"Homeland Security officials have declined to say who wrote report, except that it was a career official and not a political appointee."source:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...remism/?page=3

Why decline? I'm sure the mysterious answers to all the questions are with his school records and birth certificate.

Best, Max7
                  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                    Obama is an extremist on most every issue. There are very few if any extreme left-wing positions he does not embrace. There is no doubt that an Obama administration working with a Democrat majority in Congress will fundamentally alter this nation in ways that will be difficult to reset. Obama and the liberal majority congress is the danger to our Country by continually ignoring our Constitution and eroding our liberties.
                    The problem is that the supposedly non-democratic (I will not go as far as calling them "Republican") administration that was in charge before also "fundamentally altered this nation in ways that will be very difficult (if not impossible) to reset".

I am usually a very middle of the road kind of guy ... I like my guns, but I also don't mind aborting a bunch of goo ... I am "pro life" and also "pro death penalty" (in some cases). I am for small government but also for certain social and federal programs that simply cannot exist in a free-market (they are not, or should not be, necessarily profit driven -- such as education). But given the choice between what I saw happen to this country in the past 8 years and what Obama is doing, I am by faaaaaaaar leaning towards ma man Obama.
                    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn View Post
                      ...what Obama is doing, I am by faaaaaaaar leaning towards ma man Obama.
                      I agree with you that the Bush Administration fundamentally altered this Nation in ways that will be very difficult (if not impossible) to reset. Bush is gone, and we have a new President, who is also eligible for criticism. Shall we just let Obama just do whatever he pleases while ignoring the rule of law?

Do you believe in the United States Constitution? Do you believe in the first, second, fifth, amendendments that are currently being attacked and threatened?

What exactly do you like about Obama's policies and how he is fundamentally changing America?
                      Best, Max7
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X