Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping guns

does anyone know the best way to ship a hand gun out of state and what is legal and whats is not ??

you have to go to a federally liscensed dealer to ship any guns but i don't know all the laws on what, who and where.

Comment

needs to transfer between FFL's.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Actually a private party does not have to ship through an FFL when either sending a gun to, or out from California. But it is required that the firearm must be received by a FFL.

This law is commonly misconstrued and many misinformed out of state sellers are not willing to ship to California.

If it's a new gun, it must be shipped FFL to FFL and there is another new step requiring an authorization number.

AA

Comment

its not new its my buddies i bought from him a couple years ago and now he wants it back .....

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
            its not new its my buddies i bought from him a couple years ago and now he wants it back .....
            is it registered to you or to him?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

to him .....

Comment

If it’s registered to the person you’re shipping it to then an FFL is not required. Depending on who you plan to ship it through, there could be other requirements above what the law requires. For instance UPS asks that you ship to a gunsmith or business, which I’m sure you are so there won’t be any issues.

Comment

Working...
                X