• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the first 100 days

well lets us see how we all feel about this administration

things not liked, signed the omnibus bill
    is looking like he is anti gun in a big way
    has bumbled around without doing anything effective about the economy (dow still is around or below 8000), still giving out money in a ill advised and little liked bailout plan
    signs bills filled with porkfat even though he promised to stop that
    has made more trips out of the country and spent to little time looking at the facts that we need leadership here in America

things I like, Is looking like he will end a out dated cold war policy with Cuba
    Had the heads of 3 pirates shot off

I think, and I am giving him a broad base when I look at it all, that he is off track, In that I mean we have 3 serious problems here he needs to look at and deal with.
    1. when we get this economy rolling again, we need to do it on the backs of our population working jobs that bring money back into this country, not importing every product we use. An economy needs to be strong internally. We cannot continue to grow if we continue to ship our wealth out to other countries.
    2. We have created a social nightmare that cripples our productivity, and that is our overly large social welfare programs (internal or external). we cannot compete with
    other countries economy when we support our poor and pay them not to work, we support our largest over sized social welfare program calling it administration. We have so large of middle management in government that we cannot seem to cut, instead we cut the at the end, such as teachers, save a teachers job, cut buying departments in half and tell them if they cannot handle it they will be replaced. And another social welfare program we cannot afford is foreign aide. Face it we are pay the taxes for their population so they can undersell us.
    3. We need to place 12 year term limits on our congress. and off way smaller retirements. without fresh blood all they do is rehash the same old stuff they cannot help because they keep doing the same old thing.
    We need leadership here in America, making America a strong economic powerhouse again, not getting slaps on the back from the world who want us to buy their products. We need a President who believes in America and wants to work on simple basic economics. I mean he recently told us to go out and refie our houses again? Refie with what Obama, we have no value in them, plus that is what got us here in the first place, an economy based on borrowing money and spnd it all on useless toys. Lets drop taxes on new small business that make stuff in America, employ American citizens, and source raw material from America. Lets put taxes on businesses that out source jobs to foreign countries, and that import everything they sell. Let us look internally for energy and stop the greatest transfer of american dollrs we have to a South American country who supplies us with oil and tells us how much they hate us.
    I can not be that hard
    America First
    I mean so some one gets mad we stop sending them money and they need to tax their own people, and we get to cut our taxes over here. hat sounds like a good thing to me, they hate us anyway
    I mean lets make it cheaper to injection mold pens here in America and put Americans back to work, if some Foreign county gets mad, so what we have more American Jobs
    I mean lets make our government more streamline and piss off those who have their brothers and cousins sitting in jobs they arenot even qualified for.
    I mean lets Piss off some CEO who just got a 5 million dollar bonus because next year if he does not bring his out sourced jobs back to America we tax his company 5 million dollars.
    I mean America first, we cannot solve the problems of the world, they hate us if we give them money or not, they do not want us messing in their politics, and if we get stronger and they do not get so much of the pie, so what, we are paying you in American Dollars, help us earn more American Dollars by putting America First.

rant over

disclaimer
    All Ideas put forward in the rant just put before you are my own, and are open to public debate, any one who does not see them my way is a communist pig who will burn in damnation for disagreeing
    censored for having an opinion

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
    disclaimer
    All Ideas put forward in the rant just put before you are my own, and are open to public debate, any one who does not see them my way is a communist pig who will burn in damnation for disagreeing

LoL.

This makes me think. The wealthier we get here the less education and skills are required to get along in life. I don't have a skill or a degree. But I have a great life. Don’t get me wrong I work hard and am good at what I do. But I am easily replaceable. In another country were jobs are harder to get I might not be so lucky. If the whole country were like me where are we going? All the good paying jobs will go where people actually have the skills and education to do them. So the better we do the worse our future looks.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
      LoL.

This makes me think. The wealthier we get here the less education and skills are required to get along in life. I don't have a skill or a degree. But I have a great life. Don’t get me wrong I work hard and am good at what I do. But I am easily replaceable. In another country were jobs are harder to get I might not be so lucky. If the whole country were like me where are we going? All the good paying jobs will go where people actually have the skills and education to do them. So the better we do the worse our future looks.
      I have to disagree, many guys do not use their degrees in their line of work and the skills you have in your job are what makes you get ahead. Face it, you could lay around like a lot of Americans do and wait on hand outs, but you apply yourself, and that is what makes it work. I see more and more businesses not allowing Americans to do that any more, they out source the jobs. That in itself is counter productive, you export a job to make it more profitable but then destroy a potential customers income by doing such.
      How long can that last.
      Anyway, I had fun writting that disclaimer.

Comment

just sit at home, collect welfare and get an online degree, hell a masters in something, and see how far the education that is being offered up in todays america gets you. the reason colledge is becoming less and less a factor is because its value is getting less and less. trade schools put you to work, colledge makes you a lawyer or politician. if yer thinking medical field right now, most of them are getting their trade in tech schools now, not colledge. I can't think of the last time I saw a doctor, as opposed to a 'Tech' ...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Jim/Scott/Jesse,

I disagree with you about the value of an education. Technical training will put money in your pocket immediately, but at the rate that technology changes, that training will soon be outmoded. If you were trained 20 years ago as an auto mechanic, TV repairman, or computer tech, very little of that training would help you work on today's cars, TVs and computers.

In the 1950s, a group of psychologists, headed by Benjamin S. Bloom, developed a model of the levels of learning, known as “Bloom’s Taxonomy” (if you do a web search on “Bloom’s Taxonomy” you’ll find more than you’ll ever want to know about it!). His model has since been updated and this is the current model:

Level 1: Remembering: Retrieving, recognizing, and recalling relevant knowledge from long-term memory.
          Level 2: Understanding: Constructing meaning from oral, written, and graphic messages through interpreting, exemplifying, classifying, summarizing, inferring, comparing, and explaining.
          Level 3: Applying: Carrying out or using a procedure through executing, or implementing.
          Level 4: Analyzing: Breaking material into constituent parts, determining how the parts relate to one another and to an overall structure or purpose through differentiating, organizing, and attributing.
          Level 5: Evaluating: Making judgments based on criteria and standards through checking and critiquing.
          Level 6: Creating: Putting elements together to form a coherent or functional whole; reorganizing elements into a new pattern or structure through generating, planning, or producing.

As you move to higher levels in the taxonomy, it requires higher levels of thinking skills. The purpose of more education is not to acquire more knowledge; that’s just the first level of learning. The purpose of more education is to better prepare you to move further up the hierarchy of learning/thinking, and presumably become more valuable to yourself and to our nation. When I left active duty in the Army, I entered the management training program at Security Pacific Bank. It made sense since my college degree was in economics, but one of my fellow trainees majored in forestry and he did just fine at the bank. It shows that the first level knowledge that you bring to a job is not as important as the ability to move up to higher levels of learning and thinking.
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

Russ you bring good points, and I would like to point out that I said a lot of people do not use the degree they got in their field, However the use of the education is not lost. One of the biggest reasons for a college education is to open the mind to learn more all the time. I have a masters degree and work as a Electrician, I work in a high tech area of the field though still in construction. I use computer skills a lot on my job and do programing. Learned that stuff in college? Nope in the field by applying the ideas taught in college. Now if you do not have a degree but put forth the effort to learn more in your trade, you are in effect receiving a higher education in that area, same as taking classes at a local college. What I am upset about is how we do not allow our own citizens to use what they have, and instead go looking for a lower cost alternative, that is also more defined to one purpose, and that makes it cheaper and uses less of what one needs to know.
            Ever wonder why when going for tech support, the guy who is helping yuo ask the same questions as the last expert, because it is on a computer screen in front of them, then when you are switched it starts over, next guy does not know more, just has more questions on the screen, you are switched to make it look like you are getting someone who knows more. The operators work for whomever the call is for, If you are calling Dell, the screen they see has a dell greeting, and if you are calling GE, it has a GE greeting. the companies get the program for their tech support and that operator goes through a set amount of questions for a set fee. They know so little about the product they are trying to help you with but then it is cheaper than having a true tech guy there working for Dell, GE or whomever. So now we outsource to a tech support company and kill jobs.
            Want to fight back, do as I do, make that guy stay on the line for a hour or more, cost them money. Make it expensive to outsource jobs, be proactive for American jobs

Comment

Russ, your out modeled idea only works if you get your training and sit on yer hands for 20 years and then try to enter your chosen field. My Step dad has been an auto mechanic for 30 years, and he gets training and updates for the new vehicles and diagnostic tech a couple of times a year. These 'courses' that he takes are not college courses, they are provided by industry. Even if you have a Degree in a chosen field, you can't then rest on your laurels and let 20 years pass without training, nobody does that. I then am left to ask, do you not consider a Trade school to be an education? I think that many will do better to start somewhere, get working, expand their knowledge in a field of work that actually pays the bills, and then if they find that the brass ring has been set too low, they can afford to put themselves up for more.
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I agree that education is important. In fact that was my point. I was trying to point out that because of our affluence education is not the difference in poverty like it is in most countries. This is, in my opinion, is a detriment. Because people like me can get by happily without a degree, good paying jobs will be outsourced. I am 24 years old and uniquely (to this conversation) in the position that I have to make this decision. Do I pursue a college education or a trade school? It is difficult for me to see the advantages of paying +/- $50,000 in community college for a degree. Because, despite the lifetime earnings potential I have a family to feed NOW.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                  I agree that education is important. In fact that was my point. I was trying to point out that because of our affluence education is not the difference in poverty like it is in most countries. This is, in my opinion, is a detriment. Because people like me can get by happily without a degree, good paying jobs will be outsourced. I am 24 years old and uniquely (to this conversation) in the position that I have to make this decision. Do I pursue a college education or a trade school? It is difficult for me to see the advantages of paying +/- $50,000 in community college for a degree. Because, despite the lifetime earnings potential I have a family to feed NOW.
                  get the education, by 35 you will see a huge difference in what those educated and those not make.
                  trade is a education.

Comment

let me put it this way
                    with out a budget, Arnold can direct spending any way he desires, he can make guys take fridays off.he can tellguys not to show up, he can issue iou's until we get a budget, he rules, but he will not cut where we need to, he cuts where it makes the most threat to the assembly. We have no plan, only a state without a direction and a plan. Once a budget is in place we can then either borrow to make that budget, or look for ways to solve the problems.
                    As of right now the state is depending on new taxes, so they are going after props 1A thru 1 whatever.
                    We the people vote on those.
                    preferably we do not pass them, so they have to look elsewhere, part of that elsewhere is finally deciding to make government smaller and save money.
                    Once they do that we start winning.
                    Go to a tea party yesterday and get your voice heard through numbers? If not do not complain about higher taxes, we had the most covered by media tax revolt in history yesterday and every one of us needed to be somewhere to be seen. They are watching and our numbers are being counted.
                    We complain, and bitch but few of the guys who promised me turned out. Yet those guys today still were bitching about taxes.
                    Now, if we recall this guy, have we asked why he voted that way, or just jumped. who we need to be recalling is everyone who voted along party lines for that budget, those who were to weak to go against the party agenda. Those who followed like cattle their party and thought little of the people.

Comment

Working...
                    X