Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember Anthony Adams? The guy who crossed party lines to pass the state budget?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Anthony Adams? The guy who crossed party lines to pass the state budget?

Well check this out! ... we're not gonna take it anymore!

Adams served recall at Schwarzenegger fundraiser
    GLENDORA • Former state GOP Chairman Mike Schroeder served Assemblyman Anthony Adams with a recall notice on Wednesday evening, about an hour before Adams began his fundraiser headlined by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

“I handed Adams the petition, he reached out and took it, and I said, ‘On behalf of the taxpayers of the 59th Assembly District, let the games begin,” said Schroeder, who delivered the notice of intention to recall Adams, R-Hesperia, just before 5 p.m.

If you're not sure why this is a big deal, check out this audio file.
    Adams admits to a conspiracy! Listen here.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

[COLOR="Sienna"]Let the games begin indeed!

I predict much more of this happening around the nation as people realize that our reprentatives are not representing us. I wonder how much press this will receive...and if the amount of press coverage will be from "pressure".[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Accomplishment #1.
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
        Accomplishment #1.
        Best, Max7
        Not accomplishment #1 - It's task #1.

There is a drive to recall Roy Ashburn another turncoat State Leglistator. I live in his district and am signed up on the Recall Roy Ashburn website.

"Recall 'em all" is the battle cry.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

....and somehow we have to get good replacements.

Remember, we ended up with Arnold.
          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
            ....and somehow we have to get good replacements.

Remember, we ended up with Arnold.
            [COLOR="Sienna"]Absolutely. People were so fed up with Republicans that they elected Obama. I'm not saying McCain was any better of a choice...but people don't understand that there are more than just two parties these days.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
              butt people don't understand that there are more than just two parties these days.
              Amen brotha!

And we CAN get good people in there. They're out there - they just don't have thousands of dollars to run TV and newspaper ads, etc. We all have to investigate the candidates, or run for office ourselves! And of course, when you find a good one, let everyone know so we can all support them.

Comment

Will anyone be bringing recall petitions to the tax day rally? It might be a good place to gather signatures
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

I'll find out if ET Snell and Gary are coming with the Recall sign truck, trailer and Petitions.
                  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    Will anyone be bringing recall petitions to the tax day rally? It might be a good place to gather signatures
                    Where do we find those (petitions)? We are going to save the audio clip to our phones and take it canvassing.

Comment

I just went to http://www.recalladams.org/default.aspx it looks like they are not ready to start the petition drive yet

I just sent the following email to one of the turncoats Roy AShburn:

"Even though the Republicans are a minority in the State Assembly & Senate and they can not control how tax dollars are spent, Republicans have the power to say how much money will be spent. You and the other two turncoats blew that. I am sorry I ever voted for you and you can be sure I will NEVER vote for you again.

In fact, I will be working as hard as I can to collect signatures for the recall petition.

Please do not ever refer to yourself as a Republican again."
                      Last edited by Roger; 04-13-09, 12:18 PM. Reason: additional information
                      MJR moderator
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Now let us see
                        we bitch and yell we need bipartisan politicians
                        we yell we need guys to cross party lines and vote their heart, and when one does we crucify him.
                        this makes sense and proves why our 2 party system is totally broken, 3rd party members should be screaming from the trees support for the guy, no not for what he voted for, that budget stinks, but because he went against his party to get a budget passed. He did for the good of the system (weather or not agreed with it's value, we needed a budget to continue to do business and move on to issues we need to discuss, like cutting spending not arguing weather we need it in the now)
                        In order to solve some of what is wrong we needed to get past the budget and then make the decisions that needed to be made, not while arguing over the now, but while arguing over the future where we can make plans to shut things down.
                        we were making stupid decisions like making park officials take Fridays off, when do they collect for camping and stuff, when guys are getting there on Fridays.
                        Anyway, we need more politicians to cross lines and a recall for doing such is negative
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                          Now let us see
                          we bitch and yell we need bipartisan politicians
                          we yell we need guys to cross party lines and vote their heart, and when one does we crucify him.
                          this makes sense and proves why our 2 party system is totally broken, 3rd party members should be screaming from the trees support for the guy, no not for what he voted for, that budget stinks, but because he went against his party to get a budget passed. He did for the good of the system (weather or not agreed with it's value, we needed a budget to continue to do business and move on to issues we need to discuss, like cutting spending not arguing weather we need it in the now)
                          In order to solve some of what is wrong we needed to get past the budget and then make the decisions that needed to be made, not while arguing over the now, but while arguing over the future where we can make plans to shut things down.
                          we were making stupid decisions like making park officials take Fridays off, when do they collect for camping and stuff, when guys are getting there on Fridays.
                          Anyway, we need more politicians to cross lines and a recall for doing such is negative
                          It's not just that he crossed party lines - but he had also signed promises to never raise taxes as well. Did you listen to the audio clip on the beginning post? Adams will tell you in his own words the game our Assembly is playing.

Or perhaps I misunderstood your post.

Comment

We don't need bi-partisan politics. We need a government that will not overspend. We need elected officials that are true to their word. I expect the Democrats to be big spenders and do what the unions tell them to do. I do not expect Republicans to vote for higher taxes.

I think all elected officials should have to wear NASCAR type uniforms so we can see who their sponsors are....
                            MJR moderator
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

With the present arrogantly deaf majority congress and administration, bipartisanship is meaningless. When the lights and mics are are turned off we the people are left mute. When our letters and calls are dismissed as "not informed" we are left mute. The threat of the "anything but" fairness doctrine and its variants is being pushed to pass and we the people are left mute. We are speaking, yet we are not heard, then accused of not cooperating; it is just the opposite folks.

The 09-10 California state budget is a complete disaster. The legislature, state government, and the people will be forced to learn things the hard way. You can’t spend money on wasteful programs to get prosperity. "The Tea Party grassroots movement understands and is sending the message to Washington [and local state government] that we cannot tax, borrow, and spend our way to prosperity," Texas Rep. John Culberson-. In California the "domestic enemies of the Constitution" (our legislators) vowed to address this situation without passing along the debt to the already highest burdened taxpayers in the country. California’s budget mess is a “what not to do”. When your state's budget is the worst in the nation, I demand something effective be done. Bold moves are needed by the people of this precedence setting State of California. Repeal, Revolt, Recall!
                              Best, Max7
                              Last edited by Max7; 04-14-09, 07:57 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                              X