Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo at Walmart

I'm sure all the shooters out there realize how hard it is to get ammo right now and that Walmart always has the best prices. I just left the victorville store on bear valley and they had just gotten in a large supply winchester 9mm ammo. probably had 70 to 80 boxes of 100 pack at $20 each. Also about 4 or 5 boxes of .45 auto in the same packs and 4 or 5 boxes of .40 s&w in blazer ammo. This stuff has been hard to find, i wish i had more cash on me so i could have stocked up on .40 cal. instead of just a couple of boxes. I think it would be a good idea for us to post up when we find some of the hard to find ammo since i think alot of us are looking for it. This was about 2pm on april 7th.

[COLOR="Sienna"]It helps to have buddies with booths at the Vegas & Phoenix gun shows. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

The secret to buying Ammo is knowing when the deliverys are. Walmart Hand gun Ammo is sold out in the first 2 hours of delivery. Big 5 only puts out a couple of box a day so you'll keep coming in.

My shooying habits have change greatly. I use to shoot 1000 rounds a week. 9mm,45apc,40cal, 22cal not to mention long range things that go bang in the night. Now I'm down to 1000 rounds of 22cal, Thanks to my 22convertion for my 9mm, and Love my Golding Boy.
      [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
      In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Wal-Mart Ammo

I was in the Apple Valley Wal-Mart the other morning at about 9:45 and the shelf was BARE!!!! I talked to the sporting goods Mngr and he said they get their shipment on the shelf at about 6am every morning and they are sold out by 7:30. He said get here at six and you should be able to get what you need. He also added that they do not know what type of ammo they are getting from day to day and they are not allowed to order any ammo. He said, "They get what they get and that's it!"

I'm in the market for 40 cal and I noticed that it was $31.99 for 100 count but, I didn't look at any of the other prices.

Scott
        Last edited by avjeepfreek; 04-08-09, 07:50 AM.
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

If price is not a concern, Bass Pro Shop has everything you could need on the shelves daily. Not a discount place for sure, but if you need it....

Mitch

Comment

Bass Pro Shop

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            If price is not a concern, Bass Pro Shop has everything you could need on the shelves daily. Not a discount place for sure, but if you need it....

Mitch
            Hey Mitch,

Dan and I were down there last Friday at about 2:00pm and they were out of almost everything on the shelf! I think all they had out was a few boxes of 9mm and some of the bigger caliber ammo. Guess it's hit and miss everywhere!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
              I was in the Apple Valley Wal-Mart the other morning at about 9:45 and the shelf was BARE!!!! I talked to the sporting goods Mngr and he said they get their shipment on the shelf at about 6am every morning and they are sold out by 7:30. He said get here at six and you should be able to get what you need. He also added that they do not know what type of ammo they are getting from day to day and they are not allowed to order any ammo. He said, "They get what they get and that's it!"

I'm in the market for 40 cal and I noticed that it was $31.99 for 100 count but, I didn't look at any of the other prices.

Scott
              Scott, i'll let you know if come across any .40 cal in stock at walmart, the blazer ammo is $12.50 per 50
              Last edited by TJ Clay; 04-08-09, 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Bass Pro has been real slim on handgun ammo lately.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Clay View Post
                  Scott, i'll let you know if come across any .40 cal in stock at walmart, the blazer ammo is $12.50 per 50
                  Thank's Clay! You Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                    I was in the Apple Valley Wal-Mart the other morning at about 9:45 and the shelf was BARE!!!! I talked to the sporting goods Mngr and he said they get their shipment on the shelf at about 6am every morning and they are sold out by 7:30. He said get here at six and you should be able to get what you need. Scott
                    Thanks for the tip Scott,...I need to stock up on 45 acp....Matt
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Well, Went by the Apple Valley Wal-Mart yesterday about 9:45am and yep, they were wiped clean!

Later that evening (about 8pm) I was up by the new Big 5 in Apple Valley and decided to try there and when I walked up to the counter, my eyes just about popped outta my head! They had a bunch of everything out on the shelf! 9mm, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, .357 and .38. They are a bit more expensive than Wal-Mart but, I was amazed at the selection they had out! "Thought I had died and gone to ammo heaven!"

Comment

Here's an article from yesterday's Associated Press feed that talks about the cost of and availability of ammo in relation to the Binghamton, NY shootings......
                        I don't know what to think; here's a guy who had a legitimate permit and everything he did was legal until the point where he shot and killed 13 people.

98 shots from 'new Rambo' spurs ammo debate

By WILLIAM KATES – 1 day ago

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) — The man who gunned down 13 people at an upstate New York immigration center fired 98 shots from two handguns in a little more than a minute, police said Wednesday, a gunslinging feat one expert said would make him a "new Rambo."

Gun control advocates said if a man who complained about not getting enough in unemployment benefits could afford enough ammunition to repeatedly practice shooting and go into his killing zone with a satchel of bullets around his neck, new ways are needed to stem gun violence, including raising the price of ammunition.

Ballistics reports showed Jiverly Wong fired 87 times from a 9mm Beretta and 11 times from a .45-caliber handgun. If he bought the ammunition online, he could have paid as little as $40 for the rounds he fired.

Friends say Wong complained that he only received $200 a week in unemployment benefits.

"Chris Rock says in one of his routines — have all the guns you want but charge like $1,000 for every bullet," said Jackie Hilly of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence. "I think if you raised the price, you would probably discourage the violence, but I don't think you would prevent it."

Police said almost all 13 victims died instantly. Four others were wounded but survived. Wong, 41, killed himself as police were rushing to the scene. He was found with a satchel containing several full ammunition clips.

<snip>

"I asked our range officer and he said easily in a minute you could rip off 98 rounds," said Police Chief Joseph Zikuski. "Our range people tell us it was over in a minute, a minute and a half. It doesn't take long. Especially, it's our understanding that he was an accomplished marksman."

Dan Kash, the owner of LAX Firing Range in Inglewood, Calif., was dubious that Wong fired that many rounds in the time police say he did.

"He'd have to be super-proficient because he's walking and shooting, and shooting probably moving targets," Kash said. "Either it took a lot longer than what cops are saying, or this guy is more than just the average Joe. Unless the guy is some type of super gunslinger, no, he's not going to be able to do that."

Kash said it would take more than just practice on a shooting range and suggested combat training or military experience would be needed to be that fast and accurate. There is no record of Wong serving in the military.

"He'd have to be a new Rambo, basically," Kash said.

Wong, wearing a bulletproof vest, barged into the center Friday morning and started shooting. Two employees and 11 immigrants taking an English class died in the assault.

<snip>

Police found full magazine clips on the ground inside the center, suggesting Wong had dropped them while reloading. Police found an empty clip that had the capacity for 30 bullets. A laser sight was also found at the scene.

Gun rights advocates argue that cheap ammunition is important for people who frequently practice to be responsible gun owners.

"Most often, the argument for gun control, for ammo control, for magazine control, is an emotional argument, " said John Mercer, vice president of the Montana Shooting Sports Association, which has lobbied for gun owners' rights. "Isn't it terrible that we had somebody walk into a store or a college campus and create mayhem? Well, it is terrible, but if you penalize 99.9 percent of the people that do own firearms and are responsible, have you really gained anything?"

<snip>

Police have said Wong had been practicing shooting at a local firing range in recent weeks.

Wong had a New York state pistol permit, first obtained in 1997, with the two handguns used in the shooting registered to it.

<snip>
                        ___

Associated Press reporter John Kekis in Syracuse, N.Y., contributed to this report.

http://broome.ny.scanamerica.us/modu...ameFeedArchive

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
                        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                        KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                          Here's an article from yesterday's Associated Press feed that talks about the cost of and availability of ammo in relation to the Binghamton, NY shootings......
                          I don't know what to think; here's a guy who had a legitimate permit and everything he did was legal until the point where he shot and killed 13 people.

98 shots from 'new Rambo' spurs ammo debate

By WILLIAM KATES – 1 day ago

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) — The man who gunned down 13 people at an upstate New York immigration center fired 98 shots from two handguns in a little more than a minute, police said Wednesday, a gunslinging feat one expert said would make him a "new Rambo."

Gun control advocates said if a man who complained about not getting enough in unemployment benefits could afford enough ammunition to repeatedly practice shooting and go into his killing zone with a satchel of bullets around his neck, new ways are needed to stem gun violence, including raising the price of ammunition.

Ballistics reports showed Jiverly Wong fired 87 times from a 9mm Beretta and 11 times from a .45-caliber handgun. If he bought the ammunition online, he could have paid as little as $40 for the rounds he fired.

Friends say Wong complained that he only received $200 a week in unemployment benefits.

"Chris Rock says in one of his routines — have all the guns you want but charge like $1,000 for every bullet," said Jackie Hilly of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence. "I think if you raised the price, you would probably discourage the violence, but I don't think you would prevent it."

Police said almost all 13 victims died instantly. Four others were wounded but survived. Wong, 41, killed himself as police were rushing to the scene. He was found with a satchel containing several full ammunition clips.

<snip>

"I asked our range officer and he said easily in a minute you could rip off 98 rounds," said Police Chief Joseph Zikuski. "Our range people tell us it was over in a minute, a minute and a half. It doesn't take long. Especially, it's our understanding that he was an accomplished marksman."

Dan Kash, the owner of LAX Firing Range in Inglewood, Calif., was dubious that Wong fired that many rounds in the time police say he did.

"He'd have to be super-proficient because he's walking and shooting, and shooting probably moving targets," Kash said. "Either it took a lot longer than what cops are saying, or this guy is more than just the average Joe. Unless the guy is some type of super gunslinger, no, he's not going to be able to do that."

Kash said it would take more than just practice on a shooting range and suggested combat training or military experience would be needed to be that fast and accurate. There is no record of Wong serving in the military.

"He'd have to be a new Rambo, basically," Kash said.

Wong, wearing a bulletproof vest, barged into the center Friday morning and started shooting. Two employees and 11 immigrants taking an English class died in the assault.

<snip>

Police found full magazine clips on the ground inside the center, suggesting Wong had dropped them while reloading. Police found an empty clip that had the capacity for 30 bullets. A laser sight was also found at the scene.

Gun rights advocates argue that cheap ammunition is important for people who frequently practice to be responsible gun owners.

"Most often, the argument for gun control, for ammo control, for magazine control, is an emotional argument, " said John Mercer, vice president of the Montana Shooting Sports Association, which has lobbied for gun owners' rights. "Isn't it terrible that we had somebody walk into a store or a college campus and create mayhem? Well, it is terrible, but if you penalize 99.9 percent of the people that do own firearms and are responsible, have you really gained anything?"

<snip>

Police have said Wong had been practicing shooting at a local firing range in recent weeks.

Wong had a New York state pistol permit, first obtained in 1997, with the two handguns used in the shooting registered to it.

<snip>
                          ___

Associated Press reporter John Kekis in Syracuse, N.Y., contributed to this report.

http://broome.ny.scanamerica.us/modu...ameFeedArchive

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
                          Russ,
                          You sure know how to put a wet blanket on this thread...

I have a connection to all sorts of ammo at good prices. If you want to do a group buy I may be able to work that out with him. Speak up, speak out or forever hold your peice (empty)
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Okay...here's how I look at this tragedy.

Does it suck? Yes it does. However the man was hell bent to kill someone. Lucky he didn't use a bomb. Yep, his guns were registered. So if he hadn't killed himself, he still would have been caught.

The ONLY way, I can see that this could have been lessened, would be if someone else had a gun and wasted him before he killed so many people.

People are gonna kill other people, bottom line, fact of nature.
                            Can't get around that fact. He could have used a knife or sword or something, but he was gonna kill someone. It's times like these that we need more people carrying, to balance out the fruitcakes.[/COLOR]
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I totally agree with you !

Brett
                              offroadwerkz.com
                              (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Working...
                              X