Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard whats going on with jeep??

ive been trying to find out more about what chrysler is going to do with the jeep brand. I saw on the JP mag site that they were merging with GM, but then i found this article that says other wise.
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...5000002362.htm
    i think i believe businessweek, but it doesnt mention anything about the other brands such as dodge and jeep. anyone else heard anything??
    :devil: Giffer

I spent some time searching, but could not find any specific numbers on profitability of the various Chrysler brands. Is Jeep profitable? Two years ago, Land Rover was making killer profit, but Jaguar was a black hole, but the way Ford interwined them, Tata had to buy them both. Now of course, the British government has to bail them out :-)
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

There is a article in JP magazine, that International is taking the Jeep line. They have got some good things in store for Jeep.
      06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

http://www.jpmagazine.com/featuredve...eep/index.html
        Here is the article,,,,,,,
        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

April 1st?
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
            April 1st?
            Sounds fishy to me.......International was building diesel engines for Ford to install in the the F-250 and up......
            By increasing the quantity of the 3.0L Mercedes diesels purchased, International has brought the package price that it pays Mercedes down from the $5,500 Chrysler was paying to $3,300.
            Why would a company that builds it's own diesel engines buy motors from a third party?
            Money pit!

Comment

I can't believe how many people all over the Net have fallen for JP's April 1st joke about International. LOL!

Fiat Jeep, coming soon to a dealer near you. whooo...hoo??

Comment

wishfull thinking about International and Jeep, for the pro Diesel club. That's what makes 'em suck it up! I'm not concerned about any of these guys declairing BK... that's what the system is set up to do, and they should let the system work! it brings innovation and change. What does scare the crap outta me is the Government taking control and changing contracts and assuming authority where it has no power or authority to do so. The AIG thing is not a bailout, it's a Hostile Takeover by the Government of a public company. Get ready for big brother to tell you how to live yer life people, becuse the public doesn't even realize what it's like to live in Communist Russia ... yet...
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Jesse,

Dude, the Government already tells us how to live.... Just try NOT paying your "voluntary" income taxes!
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                  X