Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Tea Party Revolt! Hi - Desert, CA

Are you an American citizen? Are you fed up with increased taxes? Out-of-control government spending? Do you feel like your voice is not heard? If your answer to any of these questions is "YES" then attend this revolt! !Join your fellow Americans in this nationwide!movement as we rally our elected officials to repeal the 'Stimulus' package, reduce our taxes and eliminate the wasteful spending of the government! You can help prevent generational theft! Bring your cell phone and call Congress and the President while attending the this Tea Party Tax Revolt: (Representative and Senators U.S. Capitol switch board, 202-224-3121; President - White House switch board , 202- 456-1414). Pre-program these numbers in your phone before the Revolt!

Tell every American about this effort by giving a copy this invitation to your friends!

Please bring your friends, family, co-workers and everyone else you know!to this Tea Party Tax Revolt!

It is not too late for America! See you there!

Please visit these sites:

http://newamericanteaparty.com

http://teapartyday.com

http://teapartyrevolution.com

http://www.americansolutions.com

Best, Max7
    Last edited by Max7; 03-22-09, 05:19 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Right on Max!!!!
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Protests across the nation making news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0ZO...layer_embedded
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Daily Press Covers Tea Party Tax Revolts!

"I'm writing a story for the Daily Press on
        'tea party' events planned for that day [April 15th] and wanted to see if I can include
        yours"

Update: "Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to include your event in the
        story." Brooke Edwards- Staff Writer, Daily Press

Press Release sent! Thanks Brooke!
        Best, Max7
        Last edited by Max7; 04-02-09, 05:39 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Hey, how about this letter.

Becoming Illegal (Actual letter from an Iowa resident and sent to his senator)
          The Honorable Tom Harkin
          731 Hart Senate Office Building
          Phone (202) 2243254
          Washington DC , 20510

Dear Senator Harkin,

As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill’s provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I 'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as ' in-state ' tuition rates for many colleges throughout the
          United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver’s license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance.

Your Loyal Constituent, (hoping to reach ' illegal alien ' status rather than just a citizen of the USA )

Donald Ruppert
          Burlington, IA

Get your Forms (NOW)!!

Call your Internal Revenue
          Service at 1-800-289-1040.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
          The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody
          Rich

Comment

Out smart the crow?

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
            Hey, how about this letter.

Becoming Illegal (Actual letter from an Iowa resident and sent to his senator)
            The Honorable Tom Harkin
            731 Hart Senate Office Building
            Phone (202) 2243254
            Washington DC , 20510

Dear Senator Harkin,

As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill’s provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I 'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as ' in-state ' tuition rates for many colleges throughout the
            United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver’s license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance.

Your Loyal Constituent, (hoping to reach ' illegal alien ' status rather than just a citizen of the USA )

Donald Ruppert
            Burlington, IA

Get your Forms (NOW)!!

Call your Internal Revenue
            Service at 1-800-289-1040.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
            The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody

Very clever, it reminds me of the crow and how we need to out smart our current situation and adapt quickly even whilst the traffic of life is raging by.

View: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82515885554944

Best, Max7

Comment

Daily Press 'Tea Party' article comes out Sunday! Check it out.
              Best, Max7

Comment

Great article on the front page of the Daily Press this morning. The high Desert is getting a lot of support and coverage for this important issue.

Thanks Max for the efforts in getting the radio, and newspaper support. And thank you for making others aware by handing out the flyers at the Farmers Market, the Home Show, and other venues.

Mitch

Comment

6 days to go!

Time to make signs, get your flags readied and start planning to take the day off of work. For the love of our Country invite your boss and the owner too! If we do not unite and take to the streets now to make our voices heard we may all be without a Country as we have know her.

We are making a difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWGCXY2dAdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktijKFURdPg

If you are reading this and are not local to the Hi -
                  Desert or even California that's OK! There are literally thousands of these events planned across the Nation. Just "Google" Tax protest, Tea Party, Tax Revolt, etc., enter your closest city and state. You will find a tax protest to attend.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson

Here are some sites you may find local info from:

http://teapartyday.com

http://newamericanteaparty.com

http://teapartyrevolution.com

http://www.americansolutions.com

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]OOOH it would appear that there will be company at the Tea Party. But not patriots...sheeple.[/COLOR]

"ACORN is going to be engaged in a series of rallies across the country on April 15 in support of the priorities outlined in President Obama's first budget – investments in education, health care, and getting Americans back to work." .... "This is the first we've heard of these 'tea parties' and, frankly, a gripe-fest by a bunch of conservatives whose preferred economic policies got us in this mess in the first place is of no interest to us." ~ Charles Jackson, Spokesman for ACORN

But [Neil] Cavuto warned that he is receiving early reports that infiltrators will try to make the tea parties look like they are fringe group efforts and, in extreme cases, racist undertakings.
                    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=94297

[COLOR="Sienna"]So, bring your rubber hoses as well as your tea bags.[/COLOR]
                    Last edited by USMC 0369; 04-10-09, 12:38 PM.
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]OOOH it would appear that there will be company at the Tea Party. But not patriots...sheeple.[/COLOR]

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=94297

[COLOR="Sienna"]So, bring your rubber hoses as well as your tea bags.[/COLOR]
                      People hear what they want to hear. They can do what they like and I will stand up for their right to speak as well. I am standing up for what is right. They will continue to prove themselves illogical.
                      Thanks for the heads up!
                      Best, Max7

Comment

I'm confused? What part of taxation are we protesting? That Congress just passed the largest middle-class tax CUT in history?
                        Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Do you live in California? do you know yer taxes went UP in a big way April 1st? Do you know the Tax cut they are talking about will do nothing for you if you are true middle class?

The Tea Party is also a wake up call for the sleeping sheeple...
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Is it really a Tax CUT ?

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn View Post
                            I'm confused? What part of taxation are we protesting? That Congress just passed the largest middle-class tax CUT in history?
                            Hello Jeri Lyn!
                            It's been a while... "Fright Night" years ago!
                            Good to hear from you!

My opinions are summed up by these writings:

In the state of California our local government is addicted to spending. Their unacceptable solution: The state Legislature agreed to raise the sales tax, income tax and vehicle license fees to help close the state's staggering $41 billion deficit. Under the new budget that was signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and voted in by Anthony Adams, it raises $12.8 billion in new taxes. New local increases on State sales tax from 8.5 to 9.5 cents on the dollar. The state budget calls for increasing the annual vehicle license fee that each California car owner pays. The state budget also calls for a 0.25 percent increase on taxable income for 2009.

The precedence setting solution should have been addressed by balancing the budget and halting spending. Stimulus packages or tax increases are band-aids that eventually fall off and expose the festering wound. If Anthony Adams and Arnold Schwarzenegger had the integrity and made the bold move to oppose the tax increases in California they would most likely still be in jeopardy of their losing their jobs, but would have been representing and respecting their constituents. With some bugetary discipline we had/have the ability to correct.

Schwarzenegger and Adams reneged on "no new taxes" pledges.

"I, Anthony Adams, pledge to the taxpayers of the 59th Assembly district of the State of California and to all the people of this state, that I will oppose and vote against any and all efforts to increase taxes."

They have proven themselves to be liars, and untrustworthy.

On the National level, "Apparently the Obama Administration is not happy about how a major portion of their economic stimulus package is being covered. The Atlantic reports that the White House has been pointing out to journalists that President Barack Obama signed “one of the largest tax cuts in history.” But just because the Obama Administration calls something a tax cut, doesn’t make it so. More than a third of Obama’s “Making Work Pay” tax plan goes to people who do not pay income taxes. That makes it a welfare income redistribution plan, not a tax cut. That is why, after President Obama told House Republicans he would not compromise in any way on his tax plan, he lost the entire caucus.

But let’s set aside the fact that a third of Obama’s ‘tax cut’ is really just welfare by another name. Even the parts of it that do actually cut the income taxes of tax paying Americans are destined to fail. This is because the Obama tax cut repeats the exact same mistakes that President George Bush made. Just like Bush’s 2001 and 2008 tax cuts, Obama’s tax cut is a purely temporary cut designed to boost consumer spending. Both the 2001 and 2008 temporary Bush tax cuts failed to stimulate the economy. Heritage Foundation Vice President of Domestic and Economic Policy Studies, Stuart Butler explains why:

There are several factors behind the failure of temporary tax holidays to stimulate economic recovery. One reason is that even if the key to future growth was to increase household spending, a tax holiday will not prompt the necessary splurge.

Another reason … is that a family considering a significant increase in spending, or an investor contemplating a new business venture or expansion, thinks about the long term, not the next few months.

The only way fiscal policy can change this spending or investing inertia is to improve the prospects for future after-tax income from earnings or from capital investment. The kinds of tax reductions that do that are not short-term rebates or holidays but long-term tax rate reductions that are, as former Treasury official John Taylor recently wrote, “permanent, pervasive and predictable.“

The $116 billion wasted by Obama’s “Making Work Pay” tax cuts are neither permanent, pervasive, nor predictable. American workers will only receive between $8 to $14 a week more in each paycheck, and the actual size of the boost will not be known until the Internal Revenue Service releases new tax tables for employers to adjust their payrolls. Worse, since the tax rebates are phased out at higher incomes levels, the plan also raises marginal tax rates on some of the most-productive people in the world.

With about a third of the $787 billion economic stimulus package devoted to tax cuts that have no hope of stimulating the economy, it should come as no surprise that White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said he “wouldn’t foreclose” on the possibility that the Obama Administration would come back to Congress asking for yet more deficit spending stimulus in the near future."
                            source: http://blog.heritage.org/2009/02/18/...ut-in-history/

"Obama has the kind of cocksure confidence that can only be achieved by not achieving anything else …

The signs of Barack Obama's self-centered immaturity are painfully obvious, though ignored by true believers who have poured their hopes into him, and by the media who just want the symbolism and the ideology that Obama represents.

The triumphal tour of world capitals and photo-op meetings with world leaders by someone who, after all, was still merely a candidate, is just one sign of this self-centered immaturity …

For someone who has actually accomplished nothing to blithely talk about taking away what has been earned by those who have accomplished something, and give it to whomever he chooses in the name of "spreading the wealth," is the kind of casual arrogance that has led to many economic catastrophes in many countries.

After this man has wrecked the economy and destroyed constitutional law with his judicial appointments, what can he do for an encore? He can cripple the military and gamble America’s future on his ability to sit down with enemy nations and talk them out of causing trouble.

Add to Obama and Biden House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and you have all the ingredients for a historic meltdown. Let us not forget that the Roman Empire did decline and fall, blighting the lives of millions for centuries." Thomas Sowell- source: http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...Y1Yjg0ZTVkMmY=

If you are a looking for a visual breakdown of where the money is being spent in the stimulus, the Washington Post has an excellent graphic you should check out. Click on the image below to go to the full-size version. An analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office tallies the tax-cut portion to be significantly less than the one-third Democrats claim it to be.
                            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020100154.html

I would also encourage you to read the Stimulus bill, not many have unfortunately our congress included:
                            http://readthestimulus.org/index.php...r1final&page=1

I am opposed to the Stimulus package and believe it should be repealed I am opposed to any increased taxes National or State. Our Country nor our State can spend our way out of a recession. Our government is spending trillions of tax dollars that do not exist. We the People… are now owned by the Chinese. We are putting our children and generations to come into debt. This is irresponsible, criminal, and a National security danger for our Country. Our Country is not weak, arrogant or comprised of cowards! We are strong, volunteeringly charitable, resourceful and Patriotic! We have values and principals based on what is right. Our Country has strayed from what is right and the time is now to Take Our Country Back!

No taxation without representation! To Every American, Politicians Are Responsible To You! We will make our voices heard across the Nation on April 15, 2009!

I truly hope this summary helps clears your confusion up.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Sincerely, Max7
                            Last edited by Max7; 04-11-09, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I'm attending and outspoken here in Sugar Land, TEXAS

Good Luck to everyone and don't let it stop there!!

I'm using this post to make people aware on other message boards; copy and paste if you would like:

Tire of the Drunken Orgy of spending pissing away our children’s future?

California Politian’s have bankrupted California now they are going full speed ahead to make every America dependant on the government by bankrupting the United States of America!

Join a TEA-PARTY April 15th to voice your opinion about our fearless leaders TAX and SPEND policies driving this country in to universal poverty.

http://taxteaparty.com/

SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER BE A SLAVE!

Comment

Working...
                              X