Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008

For those who haven't heard of it,, the CPSIA of 2008 went into effect in February. It's alleged goal was to reduce lead in items marketed to children under 12 yrs old. I am all for protecting toddlers from chewing on toys that are potentially dangerous to them.
    The problem is that it also banned sales of motorcycles and quads marketed for children. Want a new CRF 50 for your 8 yr old? Sorry, it's illegal. Too much lead used in some of the alloys. Kid's quad? Nope, illegal. Check Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki websites for info on kids rides....unavailable.
    I guess too many kids were eating shock forks? Is it all related to a movement to ban all off-road recreation? One more thing to write a letter to my representatives about.

Malcolm Smith staged a protest against CPSIA yesterday by selling motorcycles in defiance of the law.

News link

Malcolm is a legend and a hero. (and a hell of a nice guy)

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

one more reason this country is getting all junked up!
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

If I read the story right,all they really said anything about having lead was the BATTERY,may have missed the paint part,and I know that I aint the sharpest tool but I never saw anyones kids chewing on a battery.
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
        X