Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running springs

thinking about moving to running springs and was wondering whats the drive like in the morning or late in the day heading back up , i do not need to make the trip every day but does it get to be a pain in a&^% on a regular bases ?? any info will help .....

Do you really want to drive up and down that hill everytime you go somwhere. Yes its beautiful up there but I think it would be a good idea when you retire. Dont forget about getting snowed in every year and the extreme fire dangers. But on a good note youd be close to the trails in big bear. I would like to live up there or out of state when I am retired.

Comment

I lived in the mountain area for about 10 years. My mom lives on Nob Hill.

You get used to the drive, it really becomes nothing. Sometimes we drive down just to get Carls Jr or to go to the movies and head back up.

I will tell you it SUCKS when all the flat-landers come up during the winter season and theyre getting stuck everywhere and it takes you an hour to get from your house to the local market (maybe 1.5 miles away) and dont even think about going up or down the mountain. It will take you at least 3 hours easily.

Truthfully have you looked at Lake Arrowhead instead? The "niceness factor" goes from Lake Arrowhead to Running Springs to Crestline. (Unless your moving back on School rd or on Nob Hill.

If you have anymore questions let me know, i know pretty much everything about the mountain towns.
      Last edited by swbooking; 03-21-09, 07:31 PM.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

thanks swbooking , its still up in the air either soon or in july .....

Comment

Working...
        X