Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This oughta make your blood boil!

This is an absolute outrage! It's good to see that he's (Obama) not just shruggin his shoulders and letting it go and I hope like hell he dosn't drop the ball on this one!

We, the tax payer and true "Bailer Outers" should be screaming bloody murder about this kinda crap!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...utive-bonuses/
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

yes, this does boil my blood! what a bunch of BS. I sure hope those checks are blocked!
    Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

i can only come up w/ lots of expletives. stuff like this is why I can't even watch the news these days.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
        i can only come up w/ lots of expletives. stuff like this is why I can't even watch the news these days.
        Stuff like this is why you should realize that your voice matters - remember, you have the government that you participate in! It may be tough at times, but freedom isn't free.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I've been following this very closely and AIG is saying these contracts were made before all this BS. The problem with that is, at least from my POV is that these contracts were part and parcel to the entire problem and as such should be null and void. If Obama has one single hair on his cojones he'll invoke presidential authority and pull the plug on these Aholes.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This stuff is all tough. I am very concerned with how Obama is quickly moving to revoke contracts at his whim. First is the whole real estate deal where they want judges to renegotiate the principle in addition to the interest rates. Pretty outrageous in my opinion. This is not the first time in history that home prices have declined. In the past when the value of the home dropped below whatever percentage of market, you had to come up with the difference or deal with it some other way, maybe bankruptcy court.

We may not like some of the issues with AIG, but until those contracts are renegotiated, they must be upheld. Maybe if the government had thought this through, those unintended consequences might have been able to be dealt with.

The questions also must be asked as to what are the criteria to use in "saving" some institutions and business sectors and not others. Why are we not just allowing bankruptcy court to do what it was intended?
            Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
              Why are we not just allowing bankruptcy court to do what it was intended?
              Because it would be too easy, and it would'nt give Obama the opportunity to be a "Hero". That's not even possible in my book.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Rant

The administration knew exactly what they were doing, if this had been a prudent case of need they should have given the money with conditions.

Non ethical banking practices encouraged by an evil congress and administration produced our current problem. The now current administration is attempting to change the view of capitalism into "Evil capitalism".

It's not capitalism, it is bad people. There are good and bad capitalists, just as there are good and bad folks in our government. We must remove the bad people.

To Quote Rom Emmanuel on record saying, "Never let a crisis go to waste." They are taking political advantage of the situation, increasing spending on themselves and gaining government power. This administration wants Americans to need the Government and they want absolute power.

"The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis. The "Cloward-Piven Strategy" seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse." -David Horowitz

Really good read on this stuff:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/..._strategy.html

Lastly, "House Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued a written statement Monday calling on executives to give up the bonuses, or else."

Nancy Pelosi took her bonus this year even in spite of the nations economic peril. Do as I say, Not as I do?

Your House Speaker...leader?

Best, Max7
                Last edited by Max7; 03-17-09, 02:39 PM.
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Government reality show

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                  Stuff like this is why you should realize that your voice matters - remember, you have the government that you participate in! It may be tough at times, but freedom isn't free.
                  I like C-SPAN it's like a Government reality show.
                  Best, Max7
                  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                    I like C-SPAN it's like a Government reality show.
                    Best, Max7
                    Agreed! You can always catch the radio version online or on XM/Sirius as well One of these days RIck is gonna come home to a shoe lodged in the tv screen
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                      One of these days RIck is gonna come home to a shoe lodged in the tv screen
                      Yer Funny!
                      Best,Max7

Comment

And I meant to add to my original message that don't you find it interesting that "they" are focusing on this piddling amount of money in bonuses and "they" voted for the 100s of billions, growing to trillions of dollars.
                        Rich

Comment

Dear A.I.G., I Quit!

This note from Beck was posted today:

"One of those 'evil' CEO's being absolutely trashed by politicians, the press and the public wrote a letter of resignation that will likely change the way many people think about these CEO's. While they provide a very convenient scapegoat and distraction from other problems going on, not all the CEO's at AIG are evil. If the media put any effort into finding out about the men behind the scenes maybe -- just maybe --we wouldn't have to see Barney Frank's face all over TV." Glenn Beck-

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/op...pagewanted=all

Comment

That resignation letter was a very interesting read.
                            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I am a bit pissed, from an Electrician's standpoint...
                              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X