• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Beck on the American Dollar

Thought this was intresting!

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.h...istId=playlist
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

I hear there is good wheeling in Canada.... This is ridicules. How much of this money we are printing today is to make up for all the make-believe money that disappeared when home prices fell. Asset backed securities drove our country into this recession and Obama is not going to save us by making more make-believe money.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
      IObama is not going to save us by making more make-believe money.
      The really scary part is that he thinks it will, and so does cabinet.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

A very good point by Mr. Beck, and well-made. Do you guys remember 1,000 Mexican Pesos/ $1? Well, that's basically how it happens. America's real net worth is falling, if anything, so pumping more "money" into the system just devalues the money itself. You see, the money really is backed by something: all the assets and labor energy of the nation, so when you divide that value by a given number of dollars, you get the value of a dollar (theoretically).

Money has been created by fiat since 1933 when Franklin Deleanor Roosevelt got us off the gold standard with the help of an overly eager and cooperative Congress. (Beck says Nixon did this in 1971, but what Nixon did was remove the fixed price of gold at $35/oz). Although FDR gets credit for that, it wasn't his brainchild. His executive declaration of emergency, and the legislation that followed were actually forwarded to him by agents of the Federal Reserve Bank. The same stuff had been forwarded to Hoover just a few days before FDR took office, but Hoover deemed it "unnecessary."

Most people don't realize it, but the New Deal (could it have just as aptly been called the New Compact, New Charter, New Constitution?) and the money system that went with it are legally justified as "emergency" measures, which is why FDR loved to talk about "war powers" so much. That national banking "emergency" has been with us since March 9, 1933, and every U.S. president since Carter has had to renew it yearly.

Here's a speech by Ron Paul that gives a good overview of the situation:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/co...6/cr021506.htm
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post

Here's a speech by Ron Paul that gives a good overview of the situation:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/co...6/cr021506.htm
          Great Speech by Ron Paul! I see his points, but I think we've already passed the point of no return!
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

the point is, and need to be continually made, that we need to let it all fall down! Way way down, until it is on some solid value again. People will suffer and times will suck, but the inflated dollar is not going to last and it's all going to fall anyways. Just like the companies that got bailouts are still going to declare bankruptcy, the US dollar is going to fail because it is based on thin air and computers. It's not even 'paper' money anymore, it's electronic numbers and junk! Until the 'powers that be' quit fooling around and make these companies and people be responsable for themselves and their own 'money' problems then the money is going to keep on disappearing down a hole. they might as well just walk down the street and throw it to the masses- when it has no worth it won't matter anyway.

I'm tired of pressing '1' for English and paying other people to be 'poor' ...
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
              Great Speech by Ron Paul! I see his points, but I think we've already passed the point of no return!
              I think if someone like Ron Paul got in there he'd either be stonewalled, dead, or both.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                the point is, and need to be continually made, that we need to let it all fall down! Way way down, until it is on some solid value again. People will suffer and times will suck, but the inflated dollar is not going to last and it's all going to fall anyways. Just like the companies that got bailouts are still going to declare bankruptcy, the US dollar is going to fail because it is based on thin air and computers. It's not even 'paper' money anymore, it's electronic numbers and junk! Until the 'powers that be' quit fooling around and make these companies and people be responsable for themselves and their own 'money' problems then the money is going to keep on disappearing down a hole. they might as well just walk down the street and throw it to the masses- when it has no worth it won't matter anyway.

I'm tired of pressing '1' for English and paying other people to be 'poor' ...
                I think those behind the system have every intention of letting it fail, and I believe they want it to fail big, so that enough people are ready to swallow whatever "solution" they offer. That "New Deal" will probably involve great strides to a global, centrally controlled economic and political system; probably no more than 3 currencies, with Europe, the Americas, and Asia being the main spokes on the hub.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

well, I owe dollars for my house, so if they want to change the currency, then I guess I'll be paid in full! because if they think that going to another currency is going to change the print on my contracts they are wrong. That's the problem with the currency change scheme, if dollars are worthless, it will be really easy for me to pay the house and the truck off...
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X