Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Military Movement

En route to meet Mitch at Emma Jeans Holland Burger Cafe' at 0800 I bumped into these guys West bound on outer Hwy 18. Mitch said there were more than a few middle eastern dressed people at the Cafe' just before I got there and the convoy was 30+ vehicles long. Check out the red and blue emergency lights on the one armored troop carrier. What do they need those lights for I thought we had state and city Police? Just curious... anyone else see em?
    Best, Max7

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Getting ready to come pick up Your guns?

Comment

man i miss those days
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Happy fun times. I saw them on my way to the Post Office, and a few more times along HWY18 this morning. Definitely wondering what they're up to...
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

If those guys show up at your house I'd be getting very low and crawling to the nearest exit...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I think I saw these guys leaving Camp Pendleton this morning. Probably on the way to Twentynine Palms. My old man is a marine and they were doing a training excursive in down town LA one time. I think they were doing a high rise take over. They were getting ready a few blocks away and were fully armed and ready to go. This is kind of thing is always coordinated with state and local police. But still there were a LOT of very worried people calling 911 to report the military presence downtown. So this time he had all his guys wearing moo-moos(spelling?) over their tactical gear. They of course took off the moo-moos before the exercise began but no one called 911.
            -Also are the red and blue lights in this picture? If you are talking about second picture that blue thing in the middle of the hood(?) is tinted bulletproof glass for the driver to look thru.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Not Marines.

Army Striker Brigade. Most likely heading to Fort Irwin. Camouflage is different, vehicles are a little different than ours.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

When someone told me they were "all over town" I too thought they were on the way to 29 or Irwin. But witnesses say they were parked, and traveling East & West on Highway 18. Also they were in Apple Valley for several hours?!?

By the time I got there they were nowhere to be seen.

[COLOR="Silver"]guess i dug that stupid hole in the backyard for nothing...[/COLOR]

~C!~

Comment

Hole

"guess i dug that stupid hole in the backyard for nothing.."

You too,? Huh...

Best, Max7
                  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The vehicle markings indicate that they belong to Company C, 1st Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment. They're part of the Stryker Brigade based at Fort Lewis, Washington.

http://www.lewis.army.mil/123in/default.htm

Equipment like that is usually shipped by rail. The unit probably picked up their equipment at the railhead in Victorville and is enroute to Fort Irwin for training. (I think that they're too late for the King of the Hammers)....
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                      The vehicle markings indicate that they belong to Company C, 1st Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment. They're part of the Stryker Brigade based at Fort Lewis, Washington.

http://www.lewis.army.mil/123in/default.htm

Equipment like that is usually shipped by rail. The unit probably picked up their equipment at the railhead in Victorville and is enroute to Fort Irwin for training. (I think that they're too late for the King of the Hammers)....
                      AKO? required to check out Stryker Brigade?
                      Thanks for the info, I guess Crash and I can fill our holes back in for now!?
                      Best, Max7

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                        I guess Crash and I can fill our holes back in for now!?
                        Best, Max7
                        Naaa guys, leave the holes. You can always finish them into swimming pools...
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

nope theses guys are on there way out they were here last month for training
                          [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                            AKO? required to check out Stryker Brigade?
                            AKO = Army Knowledge Online

It's a web portal that provides access to online training, technical manuals, field manuals and army regulations. You have to be a registered user to access the portal. But AKO is not necessary to access the 1-23rd website.
                            Last edited by Russ Chung; 03-05-09, 12:06 AM.
                            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                            KI6MLU

Comment

Okay everyone, stand down.

This is another of a series of training exercises at the old George Air Force Base (Southern Claifornia Logistics Airport) in Victorville.

They are training in Base Housing. No one lives there. The Actors in the Arab Costumes are "locals" that the trops have to deal with.

These guys will be heading to the Middle East when they are done here. I get to walk out of my office and hear 50 cal machine guns, the sound of freedom! It's a beautiful thing man...
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X