Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max7 Reporting live from Washington D.C.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron Paul

Sarah,
    I know you guys really like Ron Paul and I admit I like 90% of his ideas.

It is my opinion that Dr. Paul lacks the wherewithal to achieve his somewhat doomsday derived approach to activating the Nation. I am fully aware of the doom and peril that we face if the current policies do not cease and are not corrected. However I feel there are more uplifting members of the conservative movement that seem more selfless than Dr. Paul.

Dr. Paul's core principals are extremely sound constitutionally speaking. I am in great support of his boarder policy, "put illegal immigrants where they belong: back to their home countries right at the end of the line of legal immigrants patiently waiting to be approved."

There are a couple of his beliefs that I can't quite agree with or just don't agree with, for instance: Dr. Paul's foreign policy of nonintervention made him the only 2008 Republican presidential candidate to have voted against the Iraq War Resolution in 2002, and he also thinks the states should decide whether to regulate or deregulate drugs such as medical marijuana. The later having a bit of a "zane" factor regardless of good intentions. The first concerns me in reference to his National Security stance. National Security is first on my list of concerns for our Nation.

For the same reason Paul officially withdrew his bid for the Republican nomination, citing his resources could be better spent on improving America, it is my belief that his followers should withdraw their support of him for a Presidential Candidate and hone their support collectively into a less stale better fit candidate.

I personally think that he will not make through the next primaries, but I am glad he is a member of our movement as he has a lot to offer, not as much as others, and we need the absolute BEST!

Here is a video that states some interesting theories what do you think about it?

Link: http://hotair.com/archives/2007/05/1...the-big-story/

Sarah I respect your views, and I would like to hear them!

Best, Max7
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Reporting Live From Washington D.C. Part II

Don't forget to check out "Reporting Live From Washington D.C. Part II" With an update from the last day of CPAC 2009!
      Direct Link:
      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13439

Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
        Sarah,
        I know you guys really like Ron Paul and I admit I like 90% of his ideas.

It is my opinion that Dr. Paul lacks the wherewithal to achieve his somewhat doomsday derived approach to activating the Nation. I am fully aware of the doom and peril that we face if the current policies do not cease and are not corrected. However I feel there are more uplifting members of the conservative movement that seem more selfless than Dr. Paul.

Dr. Paul's core principals are extremely sound constitutionally speaking. I am in great support of his boarder policy, "put illegal immigrants where they belong: back to their home countries right at the end of the line of legal immigrants patiently waiting to be approved."

There are a couple of his beliefs that I can't quite agree with or just don't agree with, for instance: Dr. Paul's foreign policy of nonintervention made him the only 2008 Republican presidential candidate to have voted against the Iraq War Resolution in 2002, and he also thinks the states should decide whether to regulate or deregulate drugs such as medical marijuana. The later having a bit of a "zane" factor regardless of good intentions. The first concerns me in reference to his National Security stance. National Security is first on my list of concerns for our Nation.

For the same reason Paul officially withdrew his bid for the Republican nomination, citing his resources could be better spent on improving America, it is my belief that his followers should withdraw their support of him for a Presidential Candidate and hone their support collectively into a less stale better fit candidate.

I personally think that he will not make through the next primaries, but I am glad he is a member of our movement as he has a lot to offer, not as much as others, and we need the absolute BEST!

Here is a video that states some interesting theories what do you think about it?

Link: http://hotair.com/archives/2007/05/1...the-big-story/

Sarah I respect your views, and I would like to hear them!

Best, Max7
        What I respect about Ron Paul is that for a long time he was the only visible person actually teaching us something about how this country works - and actually doing stuff about it. He told us about how when you get to the Republican National Convention they take away signs they don't want you to wave. Wow! I had no idea. Who did? He talks repeatedly about the Federal Reserve and its printing of money endlessly. That is the root of our problems right now. He gets to the bottom of it. I surely do find him uplifting. I don't need the facts to be sugar-coated. I still don't understand the part about being selfless - perhaps I don't understand the word. But that's ok

Regardless, he believes that we are a free people. We should be able to make our own laws and live freely. I think it should be up to the states to make their own laws! If their laws suck, people will leave the state. It encourages competition. (and keeps us away from a dictatorship-like federal govt)

Our Founding Fathers have warned that we should not entangle ourselves with other nations. I do not think we should be at war. It has been proven in one way or another that we have entered all recent wars either unconstitutionally or under false pretenses. Think about Iraq occupying Apple Valley. Or heck, even Canada coming down here and "freeing us!" You'd be pretty mad I bet ... I sure would. It'd make me want to retaliate and kick their asses.

And just for the record, (when Ron Paul withdrew from the race) I voted for Chuck Baldwin. Chuck has the same views as Ron Paul I'd say almost 100%.

I know you really like McCain. I'd love to know why you chose to support him.

I don't have time right now to look at your link, but I will later. I could honestly write a book here, but I hope I made a few points in this short amount of time and rambling Perhaps maybe we could get together and talk sometime.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

If there were more men in Congress with Mike Pence’s conviction, we could save America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaLWwjzeU7E
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
          X