Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King of the Hammers 2009

Looks like its coming up soon. I hear that some folks from here are headed up. I am going up Thursday am early to Saturday afternoon. Hope to arrive around 7:00 am.

http://75.126.139.27/a/

Spectator FAQ
    Spectators and the 2009 King of the Hammers

Both Jeff and I have strongly believed in one principle from day one: Public is land is for Public Use. That is the main reason we hold the race on a week day; to minimize the effect of the competition on the weekend recreationalist who wants to enjoy the trails with their family and friends. As such, there is no entry fee to watch the race in person at Johnson Valley.

Here are some answers to FAQ:

How do I get there?
    You can use Google Maps or MapQuest to search: 8500 Boone Rd in Johnson Valley, CA. There is no such address, but it will get you close to the Lake Bed.

Where do I stay?
    JV is truly primitive camping. There is no power or water and the weather is erratic at best. Main camp is on Means Dry Lake Bed. The closest towns for hotels are Yucca Valley and Barstow. Both are >45 minutes from main camp. RV rental proves to be the best option. Hammerking Productions has arranged for a 15% discount with www.rentrvfun.com in Corona. But you may find deals that are better for your price range or logistical fit. There will be an opportunity to have your Black and Grey water dumped and potable water filled on the Lake Bed. See the main registration desk on the Lake Bed for details.

Where do I watch the race?
    There will be six ‘viewing areas’ within one mile (on dirt roads) of main camp. Two of the areas will have a PA system to keep you apprised of all the action. Main camp will also have a live action map that shows the current location of all the racers. The same map will be available on line as well.

When is the race?
    The 2nd Annual King of the Hammers presented by Griffin Thermal Products is Friday 2/27/09 starting at 8:00 AM PST. On Thursday 2/26/09 (also at 8:00 AM), we will be having the Blue Torch Fabworks ‘Last Chance Qualifier’ which will be a short course race held near main camp including the infamous ‘Backdoor’ trail.

If you have any other questions please feel free to send us an email at the ‘Contact Us’ link on the website.

See you on the Lake Bed.

Dave
    Insert witty comment here.

Myself and the crew will be running check point 2 for the RACE.... See you at the race
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

I intended to volunteer for road cross or trash pickup but I will be in Washington DC for CPAC 2009. I will be talking to any one who will listen about keeping Johnson Valley open and foremost, the state of our Nation and saving our liberties! Have fun, and take lots of pictures!
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will be there all week. Heading out Sunday afternoon. I will be at check 3 on Friday. Have one of the guys I wheel with in the race and another doing the Last Chance Qualifier on Thur. He should do well and make the race on Friday. Fun week ahead. If you are on the lake bed, stop by. I have an Alpine Coach motorhome with a 22 ft enclosed trailer. My rig is a Formula Toyota that is gray with a black and red hood and top. A lot of people are really going all out for this race and some really awesome rigs have been built.
        Rich

Comment

Working...
        X