Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
    I'm with Duke69, I don't do any of this stuff, but when I was running a multiple BBS deal outta my apartment in San Diego My business partner at the time said, "there is no such thing as intellectual property rights now that the computer can send, store, transfer and steal whatever there is to be had."

That was back in 1992... it doesnt matter what media you use, if it can be put online, it's free to the public for those that want it for free. right or wrong, it sucks for artist or every type everywhere.
    Its true that it is much easier to steal others original works online, I was only trying to point out that there IS a legal recourse if someone wishes to pursue it.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
      there IS a legal recourse if someone wishes to pursue it.
      As there should be, and just because everyone does it, does not make it right. Integrity comes to mind.
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
        ...Or America. Maybe that's why we are in the trouble we are in?

Sheep, out of luck. Oh! the apathy.

Best, Max7
        Exactly!!!!!!!

America: land of the apathetic.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          Exactly!!!!!!!

America: land of the apathetic.
          A liberty driven movement is going to change the apathy soon.
          Best, Max7
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How about you just leave FaceBook, MySpace, and the likes to the teeny boppers and yupies? Wouldn't that time be better spent wheelin' anyway?
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              How about you just leave FaceBook, MySpace, and the likes to the teeny boppers and yupies? Wouldn't that time be better spent wheelin' anyway?
              Yes and No, Based on the fact that Facebook was my outreach program to win hearts and minds. It felt like I was the only Conservative voice, now there is none. You know?...
              Best, Max7

Comment

I was in no way condoning the practice, my Cd collection alone will attest to that... I was just being frustrated. It seems that its all going to hell lately.

it feels like I'm throwin a pebble into the rio grande, tryin to slow it down.
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I was in no way condoning the practice, my Cd collection alone will attest to that... I was just being frustrated. It seems that its all going to hell lately.

But the people that saw the pebble also threw one too, remember It all counts!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Stopping water is not impossible. I am no longer the silent majority or minority, but one vocal dude.
                    Best, Max7
                    Last edited by Max7; 02-20-09, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Facebook
                      Today we announced new opportunities for users to play a meaningful role in determining the policies governing our site. We released the first proposals subject to these procedures – The Facebook Principles, a set of values that will guide the development of the service, and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities that governs Facebook’s operations. Users will have the opportunity to review, comment and vote on these documents over the coming weeks and, if they are approved, other future policy changes. We’ve posted the documents in separate groups and invite you to offer comments and suggestions. For more information and links to the two groups, check out the Facebook Blog.
                      on Facebook this morning
                      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=110636457130

Comment

Max.............I love you. You continually challenge me, my thinking and my actions. I thought I was pretty current on most things, but I do not match your focus nor vigor.

Agree/Disagree.....I don't care. Keep the issues and ideas coming, as open discussion can only lead us all to more well thought out positions.

Thank You.

-Brian
                          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                            Max.............I love you. You continually challenge me, my thinking and my actions. I thought I was pretty current on most things, but I do not match your focus nor vigor.

Agree/Disagree.....I don't care. Keep the issues and ideas coming, as open discussion can only lead us all to more well thought out positions.

Thank You.

-Brian
                            Did you not read the link I just posted? It debunks the rumors that they hi-jack everybody's pictures and lives, to rule the world blah blah blah....

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                              Did you not read the link I just posted? It debunks the rumors that they hi-jack everybody's pictures and lives, to rule the world blah blah blah....
                              Come on Mat, why do you feel the need to sully this thread with truth? It's much more exciting to get your panties in a bunch over a false rumor.
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                                Come on Mat, why do you feel the need to sully this thread with truth? It's much more exciting to get your panties in a bunch over a false rumor.
                                LMAO!:thumbs_up
                                Those left standing
                                Will make millions
                                Writing books on ways
                                It should have been
                                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                                X