Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They got away

I just got done with everything and i am so pissed.
    Well last night i was sleeping when at about 7:00am or so i was woke up with a pop noise that sounded like me door's on my jeep. I had a feeling that i should go check it out. Now keep in mind i am a avid gun collector and sport shooter. So i grabbed my Beretta 26 9mm and went to go check it out. When i got outside i noticed my door was open and went to check it out. When i looked inside i saw one of my guns pointed at me. So i backed away and when i did they took my stereo system and 2 of my hand gun's and loaded them into a pickup. I had another Beretta and Daewoo model 51 in my tuffy center console. The bad thing is i left my keys in the ignition. :oops: When they were driving off i remembered i did not have any ammo in the box so they were unloaded and i put a couple of bullet holes into there tail gate. Well they broke my tuffy box, dash and glove box. They did not cut the top because they just unzipped my back window. Now since they have my key's i called out a locksmith to rekey my 2 gun safe's, House and the jeep. This has been a horable day but i do feel a little bit better not that i got to rant about it! So i am out 2 guns = $1300, Re keying everything = $350, replacing glove box tuffy box and a part of the dash = $600 and the stereo system = $900 so all in all i am out $3150. This just suck's :censor:
    1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

well that sucks.

out of curiousity what did the police saying about the missing handguns??
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

well thats sucks. so did they get caught? and what about the holes in the tail gate, did the cops not have anything to say about that?
      :devil: Giffer

Comment

Well i didnt tell the cops about the hole's and for the stolen guns i gave them the serial numbers and they put then in the database so if they are ever recovered they will return them unless they were involved in a crime.
        1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

Comment

Thanks sucks. I hate thieves. The material items can be replaced. The good thing is that you're alive.
          Check out .

Comment

I hate thieves as much as the next person, and truly wish you would have shot these guys when they were pointing the gun at you. But you, and every gun owner needs to know the laws concerning using them. If while fleeing, you would have shot one, you would be prosecuted for assault with a deadly weapon. If you would have killed one, you would be prosecuted for 2nd degree murder. You cannot use deadly force unless deadly force is being used at that particular moment by the bad guy. The old adage “ If you shot someone in your yard, drag them in the house before the police come” is no longer valid. You have to prove either that yours, or someone else’s life was threatened when you pulled the trigger. I know it’s not what you want to hear, but a lot of good people have had their lives turned upside down for reacting the same way.

Hopefully the police catch the bastards and you get all your property back.

Comment

I would say that when you walked up and they pointed a gun at you, you would probable be justified. I am glad they no one got hurt though. Its stories like this tham make me doubt the security of the tuffy boxes. I see these boxes all the time pryed open. And if you are google savy anyone can buy one of these..http://www.lockpicks.com/tubularpicks.aspx
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

One of the things Tuffy boxes have going for them is that most thieves of opportunity don't have the tools with them at the time to get in the boxes. If the thieves case the jeep and come back later... well it just sucks. Good to hear your allright, if pissed, I had some bastards steal some gas and fool with my jeep a lil while ago and I threw out a buch of crap in the garage so I could park it indoors. I got more $$ in that damn jeep than I have in the house! I hope they catch 'em and you get your stuff back.
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

A book every gun owner should have on the shelf, read many times and waste a few highliters "coloring up"

http://www.amazon.com/How-Own-Gun-St.../dp/0964286459

Another one I highly recommend is
                  http://www.amazon.com/Gravest-Extrem.../dp/0936279001

As an "avid gun collector and sport shooter" you should know better than to leave a weapon in your vehicle - locked or not. Period.

Can't say how Fresno LE will react to your firing on a vehicle leaving - but in either jurisdiction I've worked, you'd be looking at a "negligent discharge" charge at a minimum - and you're lucky that your Beretta 92 isn't sitting in the evidence locker.....
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Well i know it is my fault that the guns got stolen. I just put them in there and with my memory i forgot. Just like i forgot my keys. I know it isnt a good idea to shoot at some one leaving but in the heat of the moment and mainly i was just trying to scare them from not coming back with my guns and robbing my house with them. So if they know i have more then they might think twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X