Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more money than brains...

I think anyone that owns a jeep and has plans to mod it should have to join MJR. The guy that sold my Tj to me put a 3' body lift on it..., and that was it. He put no other brackets on the jeep at all. My trans case linkage bound and bound and finally broke. My steering box and shaft had to be replaced because he did not get the 3' lift bracket for the steering to correct the angle. So it has to stay af TFT untill the tommorow at the earliest!!! If only he could have hopped on here and asked one of us,"hey guys whats involved with a body lift". or even a quick search of the forum.
    Chrome don't get you home...

Sorry to hear of TJ's illness.Tellem to get well soon and back out play'n

Dennis
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by irwinwheeler View Post
      I think anyone that owns a jeep and has plans to mod it should have to join MJR. The guy that sold my Tj to me put a 3' body lift on it..., and that was it. He put no other brackets on the jeep at all. My trans case linkage bound and bound and finally broke. My steering box and shaft had to be replaced because he did not get the 3' lift bracket for the steering to correct the angle. So it has to stay af TFT untill the tommorow at the earliest!!! If only he could have hopped on here and asked one of us,"hey guys whats involved with a body lift". or even a quick search of the forum.
      id take it out and go with a one inch max body lift and then geat a reasonable suspension lift
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

At least its on the road to recovery.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

the way i see it on my jeeps, is when something breaks its a good thing. get rid of the weakest links. newer tougher parts. the only down side is the money i guess.
          :devil: Giffer

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be titled "No Money and No Brains"?
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
            X