Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Refunds On Hold In California...

Is anyone else as outraged by this as I am?

I wish I knew more about the legal system and the legalities or illegalities behind this declaration... Anyone aware of class actions or law suits being filed to circumvent this action by the state?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/200...funds-now.html
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

I'm just glad I owe.

All in all, it is ridiculous. The People are constantly punished while the Government grows and grows. How many of you have called your Congressmen lately? They're voting right now on the federal stimulus, and it's passing. Who's gonna pay for that - you and me! While the state holds our hard-earned fiat money...
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I usually end up owing to the state. I’ll write them an IOU this year.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

That's bogus!! Are they gonna pay the p&i owed to the people when they finally pay them out????

I know I owe them this year so it doesn't affect me...but next year I plan on a refund. Hmmm...

Comment

They will pay you interest. Just not the "inflated market rate" they would charge you if you owed.

Comment

I,m with you OU812 I owe too..so I,ll send them and iou...and then end up in handcuffs..lol..what can we do? ya screw them back? well we,re on a leash!..to bad.
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

it's only a 30 day hold though.

Too bad I owe this year I cant get mad
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I'm sure I owe, an I am not gonna write that check untill the last possible minute...

Fiat munney! LOL!
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  I'm sure I owe, an I am not gonna write that check untill the last possible minute...
                  You mean you work for the gov't and you still owe them??? Sucks!!:whip:

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm just glad I work for the FED and not the State... I still have my cheq comin' at least for a minute.... :2:

But I make sure I owe them Both every year, I don't need them havin' any more of my money than they deserve...

Gives me more on the month to month to buy AMMO

:gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Besides, if you are getting a refund at the end of the year the Gov is earning interest and dividends on that money all year when you should be.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        Besides, if you are getting a refund at the end of the year the Gov is earning interest and dividends on that money all year when you should be.
                        I'm pretty sure its all spent, onaccounta there's no money to pay refunds with this year.

We got our return e-filed (and were accepted) on the 26th of this month, as we get a refund. The Franchise Tax Board stated that they will start holding refunds that have not been in process on February 1st for thirty days. I guess we'll just have to see what they do.

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                        X