Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like French Fries with your French Jeep?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like French Fries with your French Jeep?

Rumor on the financial wire tonight is that Chrysler might sell the Jeep brand to Renault/Nissan..nice, we send Chrysler a bunch of bail out money to send our brand overseas....again. Wish I had the money to buy it and keep it here once and for all. Jeeps helped to win The War, they should remain in the USA, JMHO.

A while ago there was talk of GM buying Chrysler. Hopefully the bailout money will allow them to hold together till things start moving in the other direction. This is the time of year things usually pick up in the car business. I know that at my dealer things are looking better and soon we will have tax return buyers. I hope they hold off on a sale at least till the second quarter. Sales wont be what they were last year but they should be slowly getting better.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

wow, that would definitely SUCK.

Comment

Oh that's just lovely. Thanks for the post.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yeah, Renault sucks. Then again, Chrysler's first attempt at redesign was the YJ...
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            Yeah, Renault sucks. Then again, Chrysler's first attempt at redesign was the YJ...
            no not Renault, what is happening to our American Icon Jeep
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

hey! I love my YJ! I'm just happy to see it stay away from Hyundai, I don't need a unibody wrangler!
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I think one of the best things about Jeeps is that there is so much aftermarket support for them. You can build a jeep out of a catalog. So in the worst case scenario there will be no more worth while new Jeeps. Still if that happened I would not likely see the end of jeep parts availability in my lifetime. Moreover, my Jeep would instantly gain value in that it is a real Jeep not a Renault Jeep. I still think it is unlikely Renault will buy Chrysler.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Isn't Nissan the senior company? Nissan builds good stuff. Face the fax, Chrysler Jeeps aren't that well built. If Nissan took over the Jeep line, quality would go way up. If It has to be sold to an off shore compay, Nissan would be my first choice. GM would destroy the Jeep.

Did you ever see the Nissan patrol that was for sale in the US back in the 60's? That was a very well built vehicle.
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                    hey! I love my YJ! I'm just happy to see it stay away from Hyundai, I don't need a unibody wrangler!
                    Boy I knew I was steppin' in shit, but I just couldn't stop myself... No offense to the yj crowd out there: some of those square-headlighted freaks are pretty damned cool, but you gotta admit Chrysler was going in the wrong direction with Jeep design.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      Did you ever see the Nissan patrol that was for sale in the US back in the 60's? That was a very well built vehicle.
                      Nissan is still making the Patrol--they're big in Australia; I've seen them in the Philippines, too. I'm guessing Renault still sucks though.
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

It's not that I think any company in particular is going to 'ruin' the Jeep, it's just that they did ok with the JK, and now I think they might know where they screwed up and make it better, evolve the design. A new company is gonna put their spin on it like BMW/Daimler did and that means a lot more fancy crap to go wrong. As far as what was done wrong with the YJ? really? the YJ was the next step from the CJ and it was better in almost every way. Stronger frame, lil' bit of wheelbase, better drive line, then it got Fuel injection ... the only thing that everyone thinks of is those damn headlights! Round things roll! you round headlight guys kill me! every other vehicle has let them go, and Jeep did to! well, there is the Patriot, TJ, JK, Compass... Liberty...
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                          It's not that I think any company in particular is going to 'ruin' the Jeep, it's just that they did ok with the JK, and now I think they might know where they screwed up and make it better, evolve the design. A new company is gonna put their spin on it like BMW/Daimler did and that means a lot more fancy crap to go wrong. As far as what was done wrong with the YJ? really? the YJ was the next step from the CJ and it was better in almost every way. Stronger frame, lil' bit of wheelbase, better drive line, then it got Fuel injection ... the only thing that everyone thinks of is those damn headlights! Round things roll! you round headlight guys kill me! every other vehicle has let them go, and Jeep did to! well, there is the Patriot, TJ, JK, Compass... Liberty...
                          something to be said here
                          my TJ is a great jeep,seems nothing goes wrong
                          My JK, what a electronic nightmare, I have it in the shop all the time because of the traction control or something, my dash is a pinball table.
                          Lets go back to early cj tech, electronic nothing.
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

theres only one decent "jeep" they make anymore, and thats the Wrangler. the rest of them might as well be 2wheel drive.
                            and this bail outs only going to last a year. then we will be hearing about it again. just look at what GM and /or chrysler cost to run each month, and how much their getting out of this bail out.
                            i hate to say it but if we want jeep to carry on then we are going to have to see it go indepedent, or over sea's.
                            heres an artical about this
                            http://uk.reuters.com/article/euPriv...50D0Y620090114
                            Last edited by Giffer; 01-18-09, 12:47 AM.
                            :devil: Giffer

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                              Isn't Nissan the senior company? Nissan builds good stuff. Face the fax, Chrysler Jeeps aren't that well built. If Nissan took over the Jeep line, quality would go way up. If It has to be sold to an off shore compay, Nissan would be my first choice. GM would destroy the Jeep.

nissan isnt a parent company but a parnter company in europe. so it is considered the renault/nissan company. we would really luck out if nissan was buying jeep. could you imagine them dropping in a RB26DETT into a jeep. the new wrangler GTR.
                              :devil: Giffer

Comment

Working...
                              X