• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is for Old Fart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKdJ...eature=related
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

I think that I have been on at least on of those flights!

If nothing else, this vid has convinced me to NEVER fly into Wellington, NZ.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Now I'll be watching airplane videos all day.......Thanks Kurt :tongue:
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDXEK244JO8

I had seen this one before but it still sends chills.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
          Now I'll be watching airplane videos all day.......Thanks Kurt :tongue:
          I can probably hunt down a few weeks worth if that would help you out Doug

Those were great Kurt - seen some (but not all). I've been on the approach side of the AOA on our service roads and had a British Airways 747-400 crab damn near sideways over my head to land on 24R (our northern runway) - pretty scary the first few times.

Had a UPS 707 coming into ONT many years back that was really sideways - pilot pulled a sweet pivot about 10' up and set her down like he'd been doing it all his life. When the media interviewed him they asked if UPS covered that in training. He said no - but the Air Force did - and it was a lot easier in a B-52 with 4 more engines and steerable main gear
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Ontario airport has some wicked winds, one of UPS's 747 darn near crashed coming down in a bad wind some years back, wing just about hit the ground

Comment

We've clocked 100 mph+ wind gusts at ONT. I've seen it pick up a 767 and float it over the chocks
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

My father, a Air Force pilot of over 30 years, can tell you some stories of landing under some feirce side winds, funny thing is they all laugh and joke about it, then go hit the bar.
                Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=584_1251673527

WOW

Comment

Saw that - not sure I buy it though. the "wake" from that aircraft should have knocked him over.
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

That first vid posted...about 1:01 in...I was on that flight (or one so close it doesn't matter).

Came into Reno in high wind, sittin' in the window seat and was looking straight out the window down the runway until we landed.

As frighted as I've been on an airplane and I've had 4 cat shots off an aircraft carrier and 7 or 8 landings! Maybe it's because you can't see so good and it's over so fast. That landing in Reno lasted FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                      X