Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M416, M101 trailer

I would love to eventually get one of these 1/4 ton military trailers... found this one craig's list. I'm pretty sure these are going for $150.+ at auction, if you are lucky to find one. There is also a guy that sells them (two) for $1800. online. But you have to buy two. In this ad, this guy says he would negotiate.
    http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/989286929.html
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Hey Max-

Just a little info-

You wont find any M416 at Military Surplus auctions- they have been gone for years. Private party and maybe some dealers only. I think $2000 for that one is too much. I see them go for $900-1500.

A CANADIAN M101 is very similiar to the 416 is shape and size-- There were alot of surplus (new) ones in the market in the last couple of years. You could buy 20 of them at a time for about $900 ea shipped and they go for $1000-1500 or so when you can find one.

A US M101 is a 3/4 ton trailer that is bigger and heavier that was used behind the H1, the 1 ton PU, and sometimes the M1009 Blazer. I have a couple of these for sale- $600. Been thinking about putting one together for behind my JK.

There are a couple of pics on my site
    www.100dollarman.com

Not trying to sell anything! Just for info!

LOL!

Comment

Nice site!

Your site must be relatively new? Very well done site.. Looks great, you have a lot of nice toys. Gives me some ideas. Thanks.

BTW what is the status of "Behind the Chute"? Yours?
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
        Your site must be relatively new? Very well done site.. Looks great, you have a lot of nice toys. Gives me some ideas. Thanks.

BTW what is the status of "Behind the Chute"? Yours?
        Best, Max7

Thanks!

Yes- I have owned the building for years- rented it to the bar peeps. They moved out this last year and I am using it for myself now. Recently put up the front fence, next I will get that building shaped up and painted to look nice. My shop has always been in the back- now I have the whole thing!

Comment

Hey Mark,

I wish a nice steak house was going in there!

Our town lacks one....

Roger
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

I drove by your shop this weekend, very nice, lots of trucks.

Comment

Roger, the Ponderosa isn't far from you guys, steak house wise...

100dollarman, You have some of these for sale? ... anyone want to group buy some of those Canadian trailers? I want one as well...
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by 100dollarman View Post
                You wont find any M416 at Military Surplus auctions- they have been gone for years.
                We had a few on base a couple years ago that got turned into DRMO so unless they got snagged internally at DRMO they probably made it to auction. When a "project" shut down at the base they were left behind. I was told that they had dropped off the inventory and the main base trans didn't know they existed until they tried to get rid of them. It was sad seeing them leave the gate on the back of a trailer. I should have followed up to see if they went to auction. We still have 3 Jeep tugs and 1 M101 where I work.
                Dennis
                04 TJ
                4.0/Auto
                RE 4.5 Long Arm
                Rock-It Man Rockers
                33x12.50 BFG A/T
                desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
                X