Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real agenda

Geezzz, all the people saying they dont need a union at Toyota or Honda, etc. may be surprised by this.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,4066838.story

I love it, it looks like the UAW will have more supporters in the future. No, on second thought, there wont be any autos manufactured in the USA when the toyota, honda workers try to unionize. The race to the bottom continues. Years ago I watched "The Summit Of The Americas" on Cspan. Al Gore said that every person has the "Right" to a living wage. That wage will be $8.75 to $11.75 an hour. Some argue that he meant a minimum wage. I agree that $8.75 could be the minimum wage. Is $11.75 going to be the maximum wage.

Originally posted by needsrepair View Post
    Geezzz, all the people saying they dont need a union at Toyota or Honda, etc. may be surprised by this.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,4066838.story

I love it, it looks like the UAW will have more supporters in the future. No, on second thought, there wont be any autos manufactured in the USA when the toyota, honda workers try to unionize. The race to the bottom continues. Years ago I watched "The Summit Of The Americas" on Cspan. Al Gore said that every person has the "Right" to a living wage. That wage will be $8.75 to $11.75 an hour. Some argue that he meant a minimum wage. I agree that $8.75 could be the minimum wage. Is $11.75 going to be the maximum wage.
    Being a Union member, IBEW, I have to agree everyone has their rights for a fair wage, benefits and retirement. But what is that amount, I read that Chrysler is under a burden of a package worth 75 dollars an hour for automotive assemblymen. That seems a bit extreme to me, 8 to 11 dollars is starvation wages in anyones book,even Gores.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
    X