Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Second Amendment toy!

Picked up a new weapon that matches my Glock and AR-15. Its the Mossberg 590A1 Mil-spec shotgun. 12 gauge pump, heavy wall barrel, speedfeed stock(hold 4 extra shells), ghost ring sights,Eight in the tube one in the chamber, and a bayonet Mount!

Can't wait until my back is better so I can go shoot it. An update on incorporating the Second Amendment into the California Constitution. The oral arguements are planned on january 15 in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. If Nordyke_v._King goes our way there will be a lot of changes in CA.
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Nice!

Can you keep us up-to-date on the 2nd Ammendment/California Constitution progress?
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Nice . . . I dig the bayonet!!! Great home security system you've got there. A twelve guage and a dog is all I need to feel safe. Turbo is only 14 pounds, but makes for a damn good alarm . . . what he lacks in size and muscle, the shotgun more than makes up for!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I will update when I get any info. You can also check www.calguns.net. The site is all about California gun laws and info.
        Dennis
        04 TJ
        4.0/Auto
        RE 4.5 Long Arm
        Rock-It Man Rockers
        33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

ive got a buddy who just picked one up on monday, its a nice shotgun and cheap. its not the greatest for skeet or long shots but for up and personal she'll work just fine.
          what did you pay for it down there?
          :devil: Giffer

Comment

I got this one for the Obama gun ban scare price of a little over 600. Since Obama got elected the guns stores can't keep "assault" type weapons on the shelf and the prices are rising. Normally they go for 500. the only reason I got this one at the higher price is Mossberg does not make this exact model anymore and when I walked into the store they had it on the shelf. They stopped parkerizing them and just do a matte blueing now. It is considered a Law Enforcement/Military model.
            Last edited by Deamer; 12-14-08, 09:17 PM.
            Dennis
            04 TJ
            4.0/Auto
            RE 4.5 Long Arm
            Rock-It Man Rockers
            33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

very nice, now I have shotgun envy. BUT I just got my off-list lower today! :devil: it's crazy how EVERYONE is outta parts, Stag has a 20 week waiting period! I should have bought stock in the gun companys for shure! and I stocked up on ammo (thank God) a few months ago because I saw THAT coming...
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Nice!! I pick up a new 870 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  very nice, now I have shotgun envy. BUT I just got my off-list lower today! :devil: it's crazy how EVERYONE is outta parts, Stag has a 20 week waiting period! I should have bought stock in the gun companys for shure! and I stocked up on ammo (thank God) a few months ago because I saw THAT coming...
                  Cool, are you going with a evil feature and bullet button build or the Monster man grip or other build? I just bought the Smith&Wesson M&P15 with a bullet button. I didn't want to take the time to build one.

Originally posted by sandjunkie View Post
                  Nice!! I pick up a new 870 this week.
                  What version did you get? When you get it lets see some pics.

You too Kodiak when you get yours built.
                  Dennis
                  04 TJ
                  4.0/Auto
                  RE 4.5 Long Arm
                  Rock-It Man Rockers
                  33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

Got the 870 express HD with 18.5 inch barrel. I plan on putting a knoxx spec ops stock on and a few other goodies. I pick it up on Friday.

Comment

I am prolly going with the mag 'release' that requires an allen wrench, some say the bullet is a tool and the bullet button is compelling... you can use a cuff key as well, I dunno. I haven't gotten that far yet. I would have liked to purchase a DPMS complete rifle, but never could get that much money in one place at one time. so it might take me 6 months to 'build' a stag on my Double Star.

Comment

I would suggest the Bullet Button unless you do all your shooting out of state. I was going to go with the prince50 that uses the allen key but found out you can't loosen the lock and release the magazine. In Ca as soon as you do that you created an "assault weapon" unless all the evil features are off the gun. Basically you have to flip up the lower and top load the magazine in CA. With the BB you can change out all the mags you want.
                        Dennis
                        04 TJ
                        4.0/Auto
                        RE 4.5 Long Arm
                        Rock-It Man Rockers
                        33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

yeah, put the lower together last night, 20 min... easy! ordered the bullet button today and 2 mags, 10-20 mags- yech! damn state bull-!

Comment

Comment

Nice! so you get the Knoxx stock on it yet? I still haven't shot mine:sad:.

We might be doing a small range day on BLM land around California City next month on MLK weekend. I will find out if the other people going don't mind a few Jeepers tagging along.
                              Dennis
                              04 TJ
                              4.0/Auto
                              RE 4.5 Long Arm
                              Rock-It Man Rockers
                              33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

Working...
                              X